AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elizabeth Adler recs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane L

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Elizabeth Adler recs. Reply with quote

I would like to know if any of you readers have read "Peach" by Elizabeth Adler? I just started it and it seems to be very interesting so far. Does it have a good ending and what is your opion of any other Elizabeth Adler books you might have read? Thanks for any other inputs you may have. Diane
KarenS

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peach is a great story but I think its prequel is ten time better. Leonie is the story of Peach's grandmother which I found to be riveting as it's written around the turn-of-the-century set in France.

Elizabeth Adler seems to have three styles of writing. The first is definitely her best where her stories are almost epic for which Peach and Leonie fall into. Other great books by her in this style are: The Property of a Lady, Fortune is a Woman and Indisrections. There's one or two more and I can't recall the titles.

The second style are her romantic suspenses that are ok. Three were reviewed here so pull up her name to find them. She wrote 4 or 5 books suspenses.

The third style is her latest which are contemporaries that are on the lite and fluff style. They are not as long and are ok but not as meaty as her earlier ones. These are all set in Europe. It seems like she's coasting on her laurels with a guaranteed contract and she has to fulfill the terms with a book a year. I still read her but the great storytelling seems missing from this group.

Adler knows how to tell a great story but it's not happening now. I wish she was still writing the way she used to write.
KarenS

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her website is: www.ElizabethAdler.com

It is a wonderfully, cozy, friendly site to read more about her books. She also wrote under another name, Arianna Scott, I believe and two of her books are under this name.

When you highlight one of her books, it will give you a synopsis of the story so you can get a feel for it.

I hope you will want to try more of her backlist as I really enjoyed reading her earlier stories. The later ones are ok just nothing memorable.

Before these Boards changed format, there was another Elizabeth Adler fan who visited the site regularly. I was hoping she would add her .02 as she had wonderful observations about her style and stories. She may yet if she finds this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: