AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio books
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsFairfax wrote:
Diana wrote:

This is the biggest pain in the butt IMO. iPod only allows me to go back an entire chapter. Big problem especially when I go to sleep (hey, it's been known to happen) while listening.

What version iPod do you have? I can move forward or back incrementally by clicking the center button once and rotating the wheel.

Okay, thanks for the tip. I've got to tap the center button twice in order to get into that mode on my Classic 80GB model. Controlling it with the click wheel is hair trigger sensitive though and doesn't display what track I'm on. I'll play around with it some more. Big relief not to have to go all the way back to the beginning of Audible's too long chapters.
Diana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browsing over at iTunes today I notice that they've dropped a number of romance authors. Notably Anne Stuart, Elizabeth Lowell, Sarah McCarty, and Linda Howard. Wonder what's going on. You can still get a fix from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Zane Gray who are listed as Romance writers, though.
HeatherB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally bought audiobooks from iTunes - J.D. Robb's Naked in Death and Glory in Death. These were a little cheaper at iTunes than at audible.com. They give me new incentive to exercise! Laughing
MrsFairfax

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2008 Audie awards have been listed, if anyone's interested. SEP's Natural Born Charmer, read by Anna Fields, was the winner in Romance. Klepas' Sugar Daddy and (get this) Kathleen Woodiweiss' Everlasting were two of the finalists. You can hear excerpts from the books and read reviews at the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: