AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eurovision Song Contest 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eurovision Song Contest
Love it
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Like it
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Leave it
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Loathe it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Never heard of it
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Cora

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyway, it meant we didn't get any Dr Who *sulks*.

That's something I don't get at all, since the usual broadcasting time of Doctor Who does not even clash with the Eurovision song contest.

Quote:
The song was pretty lame, though no worse than Greece's awful bubble gum pop song, which sounded like something that Britney Spears would have rejected as too uninspired. Of course, Greece won a few years ago with a song that included the stunning lyrics "you are the one, my number one".

The Greek performance mainly seemed to be based on the other outstanding attributes of the singer. Ukraine was similar. But since both songs finished in the top spots, the strategy seems to have worked for a lot of people.

And I remember the year Greece won with a Jennifer Lopez wannabe and dumb lyrics, because that year the song that finished in last place - a scantily leather-clad young lady with a forgettable pop song - was just as good or respectively bad as the song that won - a scantily sequin-clad young lady with a forgettable pop song. And I never understood why one won and the other finished in last place, since song, act and singer were absolutely interchangable. [/quote]
Kerstin

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cora wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, it meant we didn't get any Dr Who *sulks*.

That's something I don't get at all, since the usual broadcasting time of Doctor Who does not even clash with the Eurovision song contest.

Quote:
The song was pretty lame, though no worse than Greece's awful bubble gum pop song, which sounded like something that Britney Spears would have rejected as too uninspired. Of course, Greece won a few years ago with a song that included the stunning lyrics "you are the one, my number one".

The Greek performance mainly seemed to be based on the other outstanding attributes of the singer. Ukraine was similar. But since both songs finished in the top spots, the strategy seems to have worked for a lot of people.

And I remember the year Greece won with a Jennifer Lopez wannabe and dumb lyrics, because that year the song that finished in last place - a scantily leather-clad young lady with a forgettable pop song - was just as good or respectively bad as the song that won - a scantily sequin-clad young lady with a forgettable pop song. And I never understood why one won and the other finished in last place, since song, act and singer were absolutely interchangable.
[/quote]

I can only agree. As for the Russian song, it was only mediocre and the performance was weird. The ice skating and Stradivari thingie made me laugh. I still find that the Israeli contestant was best. He had really an outstanding voice and the song was beautiful. I know I shouldn't take it too seriously but it kind of p*sses me off that people do not vote for the best song but for their fellow country men and/or the most scantily clad lady.

Kerstin
lijakaca

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yulie wrote:
Karaa wrote:
Ah, a fellow Yagudin fan! Laughing

I confess to an extravagant fantasy of mine: to have both figure skater Yagudin and fellow Russia hockey player Alexander Ovechkin on ice on stage. LOL.

O/T Don't know about the hockey guy - never seen him, so feel free to post a picture - but Yagudin's fantastic. It's really unfortunate that so many people remember only the pairs scandal from SLC 2002 because he went out there and skated two amazing, beautiful programs. I've been watching figure skating on and off for more than a decade now, and Winter is beyond doubt the best program I've seen anyone skate. A shame he had to retire.

Alexander Ovechkin pic

Brilliant hockey player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: