AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casting in Death
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Casting in Death Reply with quote

On another of our forums somebody has suggested Adrian Paul as the perfect "Roarke". Other than the eye color - and the fact that he's now too old - I think it's a good fit. Here's my question, though, well...more than one, actually: Can somebody describe Peabody to me? I get that she's got boobs, and is far more curvy than Eve, but the sturdy haircut always throws me off. And then, who do you think could play her, Eve, Roarke, Summerset, McNab, Dr. Mira, Dennis Mira, Nadine, Webster, Baxter, Louise, Charles, Morris (or is it Morse?), Trueheart, Mavis, Leonardo, the Commander, and the "dick".

Last edited by LLB on Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Not Quite Nicole

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always pictured Mariska Hargitay as Eve.

Trueheart? I don't know. I've been wracking my brains, and have decided that if the books were made into a series, they would have to have all unknowns.
Terese

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Quite Nicole wrote:

Trueheart? I don't know. I've been wracking my brains, and have decided that if the books were made into a series, they would have to have all unknowns.

Mariska Hargitay would be a great choice as Eve! Trueheart? Maybe the earnest young cutie who plays Peter Petrelli in Heroes would work. But I think you are right about unknowns being perhaps the best choice for most of the In Death characters. Anyone famous might overshadow the character. For instance if somebody as famous as Brad Pitt played a major character I would be seeing Brad Pitt, not the character. Not that Brad Pitt would work for any of the guys in the series...

[/img]
LLB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Let's expand it, then... Reply with quote

Rather than today's poll of actors and actresses, let's expand the "game"...which actors and actresses throughout the history of film might work? I like the SVU actress; she's certainly hard enough to be Eve. But after that I'm stymied.
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terese wrote:
Not Quite Nicole wrote:

Mariska Hargitay would be a great choice as Eve! Trueheart? Maybe the earnest young cutie who plays Peter Petrelli in Heroes would work.

I've always pictured Mariska as Eve, although Emily Deschanel of "Bones" (with a haircut) could be Eve as well. And I think Milo Ventimiglia, (Peter Petrelli) is inspired as Trueheart (though in a few more years he'll be too old). I always picture Bitty Schram as Peabody. I couldn't copy an image but here is a link http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1847433216/nm0775087

I know this isn't maybe what everyone has in mind as a sturdy haircut but I think the great thing about hair like hers is that it is very nearly wash and go -so it could work. And she is solid enough that she could be a cop.

David Niven would make a great MacNab -- he is the only man I have ever seen make thin look really sexy. And can't you just see him in the flamboyant clothes? Or maybe Erin McCormack of "Will and Grace" fame.

I can't think of a Roarke. Maybe because he is just too perfect but no actor comes to mind.

maggie b.
nikkiphilton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been listening to some older In Death books on tape and was wondering about the casting, too. I did some checking around and found Jen Halley as Eve and Michael Easton as Roarke. I can actually picture them together. But Summerset? That's a totally different problem.
KarenS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is happening with the script for the movies? Has it been terminated or is it still in the works? I haven't been to Nora's site for awhile and have lost touch with what is going on.

The problem with some of the actors will be the age factor. I have always liked Ashley Judd as Eve but she's getting up there in age so I am not certain she would work as Eve. I really like Pierce Brosnan but.......he's 50 something! Too old to play Roarke!

So they would need to get younger and probably unknowns to fill their roles.

To me Summerset should be played by the guy who was Batman's butler in the 60s TV show. Definitely dead by now most likely.

But now that I've been watching New Amsterdam Nikolaj Coster-Waldau could be Roarke for me. Just dye his hair black. He certainly has that continental flavor and would be a great Roarke! Or another European to play Roarke.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Let's expand it, then... Reply with quote

LLB wrote:
Rather than today's poll of actors and actresses, let's expand the "game"...which actors and actresses throughout the history of film might work? I like the SVU actress; she's certainly hard enough to be Eve. But after that I'm stymied.

I'd always thought Pierce Brosnan for Roarke, but I'm also liking Richard Armitage for the role.

Mariska Hargitay works for me as Eve, provided she doesn't smile as much as she's smiling in so many of her photos.

Does anyone have any ideas for Dr. Mira or Sommerset?
Marcella

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Armitage gets my vote too!

Have you seen this?

http://www.indeath.net/index.php?s=bf6e3b699582f6369662013ed24c930c&act=module&module=gallery

Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/o1517877219
Diana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandra Bullock is Peabody! Gwyneth Paltrow is Nadine.

Adrian Paul is Roarke as I said in the other thread. I started with Brosnan whom I think Nora has said she had in mind. What won me over to the Paul camp is the opening sequence on the Highlander (TV show) DVDs where he's doing his moves sans shirt. Lean and fit and all sweaty, not to mention the hair and the poet's face.

I don't have a specific actress in mind for Eve, just a look. She's tall, lean, toned, and small-breasted. She doesn't look like an anorexic runway model, but I see her as having the kind of body that clothes naturally drape on in the most flattering way possible. Which is why Roarke loves to dress her.

Why don't we just get this over with and cast Armitage as Webster, Morris, Baxter, Trueheart, Whitney, and Feeney. Laughing And every lead in every film. I'm afraid I just don't get the deal with Armitage.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Adrian Paul works for me as well.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't normally picture actors as heros/heroines in books I love but this one is the lone exception. To me, Michael Easton just screams Roarke
[img][/img]
Maggie AAR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yes. Kristie J. That is definitely Roarke.

maggie b.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't he though!! If you want to see more pics that prove it even better then check out site. http://www.michael-easton.com/galleries.html#. There is even some of a young criminal Roarke *g*
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
Isn't he though!! If you want to see more pics that prove it even better then check out site. http://www.michael-easton.com/galleries.html#. There is even some of a young criminal Roarke *g*

Okay, when you first mentioned him I didn't buy it (couldn't get his role on One Life to Live out of my mind). But that photo gallery definitely convinced me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: