AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Idol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this has nothing to do with this year's Idol, I didn't want to use our newer Idol thread. Besides, this may not be as funny to people who didn't watch AI last year ... don't know if the joke's too "in".

Anyway, presenting Brooke White's new album, "Brooke White Starts and Stops the Classics":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSsrs8_lFFg
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was hilarious, Sandlynn. Thanks so much for posting it. I'm going to send it off to those whom I know watched Idol last year.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random update here:

As you may remember Disney is opening an American Idol attraction at Disney World. Apparently, it's opening this week and today there was an inaugural celebration and evening event, featuring over two dozen former Idol contestants from every season. Here's a list of those who showed up:

Quote:

Paula Abdul
David Archuleta
Fantasia Barrino
Bo Bice
Jason Castro
Kelly Clarkson
David Cook
Bucky Covington
Diana DeGarmo
Melinda Doolittle
Simon Fuller (Idol Creator)
Josh Gracin
Justin Guarini
Taylor Hicks
Michael Johns
LaKisha Jones
Kimberley Locke
Sanjaya Malakar
Mandisa
Syesha Mercado
Ryan Seacrest
Chris Sligh
Carly Smithson
Jordin Sparks
Phil Stacey
Ruben Studdard
Carrie Underwood
Brooke White
Ace Young

David Cook performed some of his own music earlier in the day, and at the private, evening event he performed again. Carrie Underwood and David Archuleta also sang. And, as I understand it, Cook and Underwood sang a duet of Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way." (Hope there's a video somewhere.)

Here's a photo of all the winning Idols together on the Disney Idol stage, Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, and David Cook:

Cool, huh.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew somebody would come through....

David and Carrie duet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY9vZ1hhPL4&eurl=http://www.idolreview

Much better video of their performance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdaFbLJaqaw
xina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, loved it. One of my favorite songs too. They sound really good together.
One of the comments called them...Cookwood, or, Undercook. funny.

Thanks for posting this!!
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!

Here's a better pic of all the winning Idols with Mickey:

And, there was a fan report from Disney that said that David and Kelly Clarkson went on "The Tower" together -- which, I assume, is some DisneyWorld attraction. So, who knows, maybe they'll get friendly and do a duet together as well.

(DC is certainly making the rounds of all the female idolettes. Wink You don't see him singing duets or touring the Park with Ruben or Taylor. I'm just sayin'!)
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else that recently popped up:

Here's a portion of David Cook and his band performing Fleetwood Mac's "Little Lies," while on a recent USO tour through Iraq and Kuwait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-s0M2yTVA
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a fun thread on another board comparing International Idols and Idol shows with American Idol. (That's where I got the info regarding the songs other Idols had done that copied David's more successful versions.) Anyway, they came up with a recent link that had me howling. Apparently, David Archuleta's dispair over his friend Alexandrea leaving in the semi-finals of last season's Idol was nothing compared to what this German contestant was feeling over one of his fellow singers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCGKccp-U8U

What a hoot.

Oh, and just for fun.... Does anyone speak French here? Do these judges really like this guy's performance? What the hell?!

Like an unfortunate, lounge lizard virgin
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official!

David Cook's CD just sold platinum this past week.
I think he's in the range of 1,006,545 sold which is pretty good for a new artist who released his album on November 18. (He officially was certified platinum a couple of weeks ago but that was just albums shipped to sellers, not actual sales. But now it's sales.)

Congrats to him!
xina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandlynn wrote:
It's official!

David Cook's CD just sold platinum this past week.
I think he's in the range of 1,006,545 sold which is pretty good for a new artist who released his album on November 18. (He officially was certified platinum a couple of weeks ago but that was just albums shipped to sellers, not actual sales. But now it's sales.)

Congrats to him!

Yay, for David Cook! I bought his CD, and I think it's pretty good. I would like to see him get grittier on his next CD, because I think he has the voice for it....maybe break out of the pop sound, but for what it is, it's a good first CD coming out of American Idol. I hope he stands up for his own stlye on his next album. I think he's got a lot more to offer. I'm really glad for his success though. good job.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, David Cook announced at his concert last night at William and Mary College, that he is cancelling his next two gigs. No explanation, but some are speculating that it has something to do with his brother, Adam, perhaps having a bad time of it in his battle with cancer.

His fans, on various boards, are lighting symbolic candles and sending prayers, although David has said absolutely nothing about why he has cancelled the next two shows. He did say that he hadn't cancelled a performance since he was fifteen.

Even though everyone is lighting candles and sending prayers, I am "oddly" feeling uninvolved in all of that, mostly because I am a fan, but I don't know David. I have no idea why he cancelled; he didn't say. I love David's singing, his work and performances. Am I cold and callous to feel that it's not my place to put a personal, emotional spin on this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: