AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Idol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Just a little David Cook info....he will be appearing on Saturday Night Live as the musical guest this week. Yay!! xina

What time does that show come on and on which station or channel?
xina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
xina wrote:
Just a little David Cook info....he will be appearing on Saturday Night Live as the musical guest this week. Yay!! xina

What time does that show come on and on which station or channel?

Tee, You are in central time zone aren't you? It starts at 10:30pm on NBC. Ben Affleck is the host. Usually, the music guest performs around halfway through the show and another time at the very end...so, you have to stick around until the show is almost over. Worth it though to see Cook. Wink
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier they were saying Barack Obama would also drop by SNL on Nov. 1. And now I've heard John McCain will be on. So, it's either one, the other, or both.....

In the meantime, here's a video that is being played at Walmart, featuring David and his new band. (Apparently, if you pre-order the "album" on Itunes, you get one extra bonus track and if you pre-order at Walmart, you get another *different* bonus track. I'm not sure what you get if you pre-order at Amazon.)

David Cook - Walmart Soundcheck Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbOLLGSy6WQ

Also, here are two promos for David's SNL appearances that have been playing on NBC last night and today:

David Cook SNL Commercial #1 in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1s6XVQCTvQ

David Cook SNL Commercial #2 in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apeHwpAxlos

xina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...thanks Sandlyn. Once again you are our fountain of info on Mr. David Cook. That SNL thing was cute. He looks a little nervous though. I do hope he sings some new songs and not the one they stuck him with right off AI. Not that it's not a good song, but I can see him singing songs that have more meat on the bones. He's got a fantastic voice and I hope it's not wasted on sweet little ballads.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if he sang "Time of My Life." Instead, I expect that we'll here his new single, "Light On," which has been playing on some radio stations, etc. and, I'm guessing, some other song from his new CD.
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Tee, You are in central time zone aren't you? It starts at 10:30pm on NBC.

No, xina, we're in the Eastern Time Zone, so that would be 11:30, wouldn't it? Sounds a bit late (I'm not as young as I used to be), but I'll try to stay up for it. Thanks.

And thanks again, Sandlynn, for those short clips. Always enjoy seeing David Cook and he sure does look good!
xina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tee"]
xina wrote:
Tee, You are in central time zone aren't you? It starts at 10:30pm on NBC.

No, xina, we're in the Eastern Time Zone, so that would be 11:30, wouldn't it? Sounds a bit late (I'm not as young as I used to be), but I'll try to stay up for it. Thanks.

And thanks again, Sandlynn, for those short clips. Always enjoy seeing David Cook and he sure does look good![/quot

Yes, I think it is Tee, but check your listings just to make sure! *yawn*...that is late and the thing is, his 2nd song will come at the end of the show. Take a nap today to prepare youself. Wink
xina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, McCain, Palin and Tina Fey are on tonight. I love the Tina Fey thing.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:

Do you have recording ability? A DVR or VCR? Maybe you can record the show and watch it tomorrow.

I was checking out the Saturday Night Live site and I'm not sure they upload the entire show for someone to watch later. They certainly put up the skits, but I'm not sure about the musical performances.

(Also, if any David Cook fansites upload his performances from the show, I can provide you with a link.)
Tee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, Sandlynn to the rescue once again with possible links of his performance. I'm going to try to stay up, guys. After all, this is the end of DST, so the clocks are bounced back an hour. That means, xina, it starts at 10:30 when you look at it that way, even though the clock will say 11:30. I know, we don't turn down until way early in the morning, but I still have an extra hour someplace there.
xina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Yay, Sandlynn to the rescue once again with possible links of his performance. I'm going to try to stay up, guys. After all, this is the end of DST, so the clocks are bounced back an hour. That means, xina, it starts at 10:30 when you look at it that way, even though the clock will say 11:30. I know, we don't turn down until way early in the morning, but I still have an extra hour someplace there.

I didn't even think of that Tee! Yes, you will get your hour! Also, youtube.com seems to have all the SNL musical performers every week. i know Cold Play was on there from last week.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Tee, David's two performances on Saturday Night Live have been uploaded to various sites and YouTube.

On this site you'll find his first performance: "Light On." Just scroll down a little to the photo with him and his band and click on the arrow:
http://mjsbigblog.com/david-cook-performs-on-saturday-night-live.htm

Here is the second song: "Declaration." Someone uploaded it to YouTube and called it "Kevin" so that NBC won't find it and take it down.Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri_qndegCdU&eurl=http://www.rickey.org/?p=9712

However, if they do take it down, it's also here:
http://www.rickey.org/?p=9712
Tee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you'd have some links up and ready to go, Sandlynn. At least, I was hoping you would. I watched just about a half hour of SNL last nite, but I knew I wasn't going to make it to 1:00am. And either xina or you said Cook would probably come near the end. Actually, if the skits in that first half hour would have been a little more humorous, I might have been tempted. But they were kind of dull.

Turn a Light On is catching on with me; however, Declaration sounded really good. I like how his physical image has evolved from first being on American Idol. He looks fantastic.

So, you're my hero (heroess?) once again, Sandlynn.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks sandlynn for your postings! I will watch them later, I'm sort of short of time right now. I watched the entire show...yes, Tee, the skits were a little dull last night. I wonder about McCain showing up. He ,was funny, but my goodness, he's cutting it close. As for David Cook...loved his songs and I enjoyed watching his drummer too! Sandlynn, are those guys his original band? I thought his voice sounded very rich and gritty. He sounded so much like Chris Daughtry at times, I expected him to break out into a "It's Not Over". I did think Cook's band overwhelmed him in the second song and that might be why he ripped his earpiece out. (?) He looked good...ever bit the rock star. I'm hoping the radio station I listen to (an Alternative channel) will start playing his song. They didn't play his first but it was a bit too much pop.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
thanks sandlynn for your postings! I will watch them later, I'm sort of short of time right now. I watched the entire show...yes, Tee, the skits were a little dull last night. I wonder about McCain showing up. He ,was funny, but my goodness, he's cutting it close. As for David Cook...loved his songs and I enjoyed watching his drummer too! Sandlynn, are those guys his original band? I thought his voice sounded very rich and gritty. He sounded so much like Chris Daughtry at times, I expected him to break out into a "It's Not Over". I did think Cook's band overwhelmed him in the second song and that might be why he ripped his earpiece out. (?) He looked good...ever bit the rock star. I'm hoping the radio station I listen to (an Alternative channel) will start playing his song. They didn't play his first but it was a bit too much pop.

The two young men that were towards the front, to either side of David Cook are his old bandmates/friends from the band he belonged to back in Oklahoma, the Midwest Kings. The blonde is Neil Tiemann, who was the lead songwriter and backup vocalist in that former group, and the thin brunette is Andy Skib who was the lead vocalist. David was the bassist and backup vocalist. So, DC incorporated those two into his new band. I think Tiemann helped to put DC's album together while he was on tour for Idol.

The long curly haired guy and the drummer are new. They auditioned to be in David's band towards the end of the Idol tour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: