AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAR Annual Poll for 2012 Books Ends on Sunday Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: AAR Annual Poll for 2012 Books Ends on Sunday Night Reply with quote

If you haven't already voted, please do!

http://www.likesbooks.com/ballotannualpoll2012.html

Last edited by LeeB. on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
library addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent mine in.

I really need to start keeping up more with the current year. There are a lot of books in my TBR pile from 2012 I know would probably better fit, but that I just haven't gotten to yet. And I need to start reading more historicals, but I'm still feeling burned out on those even after several years of limited reading. I never seem to have a book I liked enough for the "set outside UK" category Sad
MEK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could vote but:

I am always a year or two behind "current" reading, so it makes it hard to fill out a ballot. This year I caught up on series I've never had the chance to read: Nalini Singh, Patricia Briggs, Julie Anne Long, Courtney Milan.

I also read several I've seen recommended here that are older such as Lady Gallant and Warprize.

I'm also bad about keeping track, but I joined Librarything and that should help.

Can't wait to see the results! There is always next year.....
CindyS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Library Addict and MEK - like you I have a hard time keeping up with books published in the current year. I always have my auto buy authors for the year read and I sometimes feel guilty that I haven't read more books in a category like Historical Romance but in the end, it's the best books you have read in the categories.

MEK - I have been in a huge slump and I think I'm going to look at the winners in every category from the last few years and make sure to read them first this year. Then I'll try to remember to try some 2013 books too!

CindyS
pollster
Natalie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a "looking forward to" thread here every few months, I usually get a few more additions to my watch list. Goodreads.com is also helpful: I just mark upcoming books as "Want to read" and get back to the list periodically.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a reminder, voting will close in just over one week, on Sunday, January 20 at midnight E.S.T.

It's definitely not too late to vote, and voting is unbelievably close in some categories. Thanks to all of you who have voted already, and if you haven't, remember you only need to vote in six categories.

http://www.likesbooks.com/ballotannualpoll2012.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: