AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suzanne Enoch's Scandalous Brides series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eliza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Suzanne Enoch's Scandalous Brides series Reply with quote

I just gobbled up SE's latest trilogy and thoroughly enjoyed all three books. I loved the focus on the characters and relationships (without a lot of extraneous stuff), the background setup and the author's wit of course.

Did anyone else read these books? What did you think? Favorite couple?

ETA: The books are A Beginner's Guide To Rakes, Taming an Impossible Rogue and Rules to Catch a Devilish Duke. Sorry I didn't give the titles before.

Last edited by Eliza on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackjack1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're in my TBR pile but I was happy to read your post and look forward to them!
despr8housewife

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Suzanne Enoch's Scandalous Brides Series Reply with quote

I loved all three books, but my favorite was the first, A Beginner's Guide to Rakes, because I learned so many interesting details about setting up and running a gambling hell! The couples in each book were likeable, but I guess that Oliver and Diane from BGTR are my favorites because they had a liaison in the past and we're left to guess about what happened. All of the heroines in the series have a scandal they're trying to get away from, that's what makes it fun.
CharlotteJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any word on whether SE will do more books in her Rick/Samantha contemporary series? I really enjoyed that couple and was disappointed it stopped at 5 books Sad
Eliza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzanne changed publishers from Avon to St Martin's starting with this latest trilogy, so I wasn't sure what all was included in her contracts. Then I found this on her web site:

Will there be another Sam and Rick book?

I donít know. I havenít been offered another contract with a publisher to write them, so for the moment, no, there wonít be another one. However, with the advent of ebooks and authors putting out original content, thereís a possibility that Iíll have time to write one and put it up in electronic format on my own. That depends on my current writing schedule, but I would LOVE to write another one.

I also found this:

What happened to book #2 in the Sam and Rick series, PLAYING WITH FIRE?

As often happens in the publishing world, the title of that book was changed after I mentioned it in the Author's Notes of FLIRTING WITH DANGER. The correct title of book #2 is DON'T LOOK DOWN. There is no PLAYING WITH FIRE.
dick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the first and second much better than the third, which I thought sort of wandered around in the center and got far too television-y in the ending. Were I forced to choose between the first two, the Beginner's Guide would win, I think. Actually, I prefer much of Enoch's backlist to her more recent stuff.
CharlotteJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliza wrote:
Suzanne changed publishers from Avon to St Martin's starting with this latest trilogy, so I wasn't sure what all was included in her contracts. Then I found this on her web site:

Will there be another Sam and Rick book?

I donít know. I havenít been offered another contract with a publisher to write them, so for the moment, no, there wonít be another one. However, with the advent of ebooks and authors putting out original content, thereís a possibility that Iíll have time to write one and put it up in electronic format on my own. That depends on my current writing schedule, but I would LOVE to write another one.

Thanks! That's encouraging. I hope she does find time to write another book. I'm dying to see how Rick and Sam handle marriage Smile
Islandgirl2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only book I've read from this author was Lady Gallant. I'd like to check out more. Thanks for posting.
Eliza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islandgirl2 wrote:
The only book I've read from this author was Lady Gallant. I'd like to check out more. Thanks for posting.

I don't think Suzanne Enoch wrote a book with a title of Lady Gallant. Maybe another Suzanne did or am I missing a book somewhere?

If you want to try a current book, looks like A Beginner's Guide To Rakes might be a good place to start. Or for an older historical book, many liked London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, Book 2) and Always a Scoundrel: The Notorious Gentlemen. She did a popular contemp series too starting with Flirting With Danger.
Natalie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islandgirl2 wrote:

That was Suzanne Robinson. I don't think she's writing romance anymore.
Islandgirl2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes you are correct sorry about that. Thanks for correcting.
AmyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is actually another book about to come out in the series!
The Handbook to Handling His Lordship
Eliza

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmyG wrote:
There is actually another book about to come out in the series!
The Handbook to Handling His Lordship

Thanks for the reminder; I'm really looking forward to it. Pub date is March 26.
dick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enoch did write a book called "Lady Rogue," (1997) which is a good read.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: