AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Ashley's THE MACKENZIE FAMILY CHRISTMAS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynda X

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Jennifer Ashley's THE MACKENZIE FAMILY CHRISTMAS Reply with quote

Generally, I'm not fond of novellas. If they are good, I always want more, and most of the time, their shortness means that characters don't really get developed well, IMO. However, Jennifer Ashley's THE MACKENZIE FAMILY CHRISTMAS is an exception. We get to revisit all the MacKenzie couples, all of whom have interesting situations, but the real strength of the book is Beth and Ian. I loved their book; it is one of my all-time favorite romances and a comfort read for me. It was fun to see Ian's progress and his complete love for Beth. So, if you're a fan of Jennifer Ashley's MacKenzies, I think you'll like this book.

Grade: B
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting about this novella. It completely slipped under my radar and I had no clue it was even out there. Just downloaded it to my Kindle for $.99 and am anxious to spend a bit of time catching up with the MacKenzie clan.
Trish B

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware of this novella, but stumbled onto it browsing around Amazon. I immediately downloaded it and am reading it now. Very enjoyable with side stories about Mac's manservant Bellamy, Isabella's sister Louisa and Lloyd Fellowes and about Hart's friend/colleague David Fleming. I suspect there will be books for David as well as Ainsley's brothers Sinclair and Steven coming in the future. And Daniel is just a joy to read about. But yes, the most enjoyable part of the book is the ongoing love story of Ian and Beth which is so sweet and tender. Love it!
MEK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it; especially the way she got inside Ian's head. Its definitely for people who've read the series and want to catch up on the family.
Eliza

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of novellas either, but I love the Mackenzies so this may be the first time I regret not having an e-reader.
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliza wrote:
I'm not a fan of novellas either, but I love the Mackenzies so this may be the first time I regret not having an e-reader.

If you don't have an ereader, you can download a free app and read it on your computer.
Trish B

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trish B wrote:
I wasn't aware of this novella, but stumbled onto it browsing around Amazon. I immediately downloaded it and am reading it now. Very enjoyable with side stories about Mac's manservant Bellamy, Isabella's sister Louisa and Lloyd Fellowes and about Hart's friend/colleague David Fleming. I suspect there will be books for David as well as Ainsley's brothers Sinclair and Steven coming in the future. And Daniel is just a joy to read about. But yes, the most enjoyable part of the book is the ongoing love story of Ian and Beth which is so sweet and tender. Love it!

Now that I've finished reading it, I will also add that a book about Louisa and Lloyd Fellows is likely also in the offing . . .

I really enjoy this series and spending time with this family. I will certainly read any additional books (or novellas) with these characters!
Danielle D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this novella....it had to be one of my favorite Christmas stories this year.

But then I have enjoyed this series from the beginning and I'm hoping that Lloyd Fellowes and David Fleming each get their own story.

SPOILER:

I have to admit that I got all choked up with the love Hart showered on Eleanor with she was in labor and how Ian knew that Hart needed him.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: