AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me find a book with very little to go on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvarake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Help me find a book with very little to go on? Reply with quote

This was a historical probably set in the Regency in which the hero is a well-known rake who has never been known for discretion. After he marries the heroine she is forever facing uncomfortable social situations because of the number of women of the ton he has had sex with.

He begins to regret his actions and wonders why he never even considered that his future wife would have to face all his mistresses.

Any ideas? I know it's very little to go on.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there are tons of books that have former mistresses aplenty, but what struck me as unique about this one was that the hero didn't just say,
"It was before I met you, boys will be boys, get over it already." He really regretted that his former actions were causing her pain.
erika

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie Garwood??
NoirFemme

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds kind of like Jane Feather's Almost a Bride.
Kayne

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Help me find a book with very little to go on? Reply with quote

iluvarake wrote:
This was a historical probably set in the Regency in which the hero is a well-known rake who has never been known for discretion. After he marries the heroine she is forever facing uncomfortable social situations because of the number of women of the ton he has had sex with.

He begins to regret his actions and wonders why he never even considered that his future wife would have to face all his mistresses.

Could it be The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley?
iluvarake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Help me find a book with very little to go on? Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
iluvarake wrote:

Could it be The Many Sins of Lord Cameron by Jennifer Ashley?

I thought it was older than that one but I'll check.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:
Julie Garwood??
I haven't read Garwood in a long time so I don't think it's her.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoirFemme wrote:
It sounds kind of like Jane Feather's Almost a Bride.

I'll look into this one. I don't know if I've read it.
erhea13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I can come up with in a regency setting is Stephanie Laurens' All About Passion
Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it might be ONCE AND ALWAYS by Judith McNaught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: