AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
C L Wilson's The Winter King is coming!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MEK



Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: C L Wilson's The Winter King is coming! Reply with quote

I adored Wilson's 5 book Tairen Soul (Fading Lands) romantic fantasy series. I see she's scheduled the release of her new book at the end of January.

Website description:
The Winter King
Wynter Atrialan, the Winter King, once lived in peace with his southern, Summerlander neighbors, but when the prince of Summerlea steals Wynter’s bride and murders his young brother, Wynter calls upon a dangerous Wintercraig magic called the Ice Heart and marches against Summerlea.
After three bitter years of battle, a victorious Wynter arrives at Summerlea’s royal palace to issue his terms of surrender. The prince of Summerlea stole Wynter’s bride and slew Wynter’s Heir. He wants the loss replaced. The Ice Heart is consuming him. Wynter hopes holding his own child in his arms will rekindle the warmth in his heart before he becomes the monster of Wintercraig legend, the Ice King.
The Summer King has three very precious daughters whom he loves dearly. Wynter will take one of them to wife. She will have one year to provide him with an Heir. If she fails, he will send her to face the mercy of the mountains and claim another princess for his wife. And so it will continue until Wynter has his Heir or the Summer King is out of daughters.
The plan is perfect—except for one small detail. The Summer King has a fourth daughter. One of which he is not so fond. And she is a fiercely passionate creature, with a temper as volatile as the forces of her weathergift, the power of storms.

Sounds good to me!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LouiseAAR



Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: C L Wilson's The Winter King is coming! Reply with quote

MEK wrote:
I adored Wilson's 5 book Tairen Soul (Fading Lands) romantic fantasy series. I see she's scheduled the release of her new book at the end of January.

Website description:
The Winter King
Wynter Atrialan, the Winter King, once lived in peace with his southern, Summerlander neighbors, but when the prince of Summerlea steals Wynter’s bride and murders his young brother, Wynter calls upon a dangerous Wintercraig magic called the Ice Heart and marches against Summerlea.
After three bitter years of battle, a victorious Wynter arrives at Summerlea’s royal palace to issue his terms of surrender. The prince of Summerlea stole Wynter’s bride and slew Wynter’s Heir. He wants the loss replaced. The Ice Heart is consuming him. Wynter hopes holding his own child in his arms will rekindle the warmth in his heart before he becomes the monster of Wintercraig legend, the Ice King.
The Summer King has three very precious daughters whom he loves dearly. Wynter will take one of them to wife. She will have one year to provide him with an Heir. If she fails, he will send her to face the mercy of the mountains and claim another princess for his wife. And so it will continue until Wynter has his Heir or the Summer King is out of daughters.
The plan is perfect—except for one small detail. The Summer King has a fourth daughter. One of which he is not so fond. And she is a fiercely passionate creature, with a temper as volatile as the forces of her weathergift, the power of storms.

Sounds good to me!!


I too adored the Tairen Soul series and I love her writing style, but I don't think that the book is scheduled. I know it is on Amazon, but according to her website....

This book has not yet been scheduled for release. Watch this space for more information.

So that may be outdated and it may be near release, but I am not so sure. I hope Amazon is right and it is to be released!! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MEK



Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Posts: 278

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yikes! We'll see. Whenever. I've preordered it, so I guess it will just show up!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LouiseAAR



Joined: 14 Jan 2012
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEK wrote:
Oh yikes! We'll see. Whenever. I've preordered it, so I guess it will just show up!


Rumor has it as "delayed indefinitely"... Such a shame! I am with you! Can't wait! Smile But MOSTLY, because I want this book done so she can get to Galen and Bel's books!!! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Outlandish



Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 69
Location: USA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LouiseAAR wrote:
MEK wrote:
Oh yikes! We'll see. Whenever. I've preordered it, so I guess it will just show up!


Rumor has it as "delayed indefinitely"... Such a shame! I am with you! Can't wait! Smile But MOSTLY, because I want this book done so she can get to Galen and Bel's books!!! Smile


LOL... I thought I was alone with my evil thoughts.

I'm not exactly interested in the release date of "The Winter King" and the book itself, per say, but if it means we'll get Galen and Bel's story all the sooner. Welll, then by all means please do hurry up with the release!

I adored the TAIREN SOULS series; they are my absolute favorite Fantasy series!
_________________
I <3 Jamie & Claire
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group