AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two unknown book titles -- :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orientalbelle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Two unknown book titles -- :/ Reply with quote

Hey there, I've been wracking my brain trying to remember these two books.

The hero's name is Conner, and he is very wealthy; however, for some reason (a bet I think), he has to marry this spoiled, rich young woman. She complains about everything. I remember at one point he has to go out and dry out peat to burn. I remember the heroine taking offense that Conner was very bearded. Towards the end, he takes her home and has a party. She was so upset at finding that he put her through hell being this a crass peasant that she shows up at the top of the stairs in an old kilt with her teeth blacked out and behaves the way he initially behaved with her.

In unknown title 2, the book opens fairly soon with the fact that the heroine's father died. The hero is somehow involved with her dad's ship or the dock where it is. She has younger siblings, but I'm not sure how many. I think they really loved marbles. At one point, she tries to homestead her dad's ship because the hero wants to sell it to a company that will destroy the ship and use it as filler for the marina. Fairly early in the book, a fire sweeps the town, and the heroine ends up saving someone but burns her leg in the process. The hero ends up marrying her somehow. At one point, their in bed about to consummate their of convenience when his hand brushes up against the burn, and of course, that feel takes over.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?
erika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first book may be by Jude Deveraux

What year do you recall these books were published?? It may help.
orientalbelle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm so bummed! Usually this forum nails the book the first day. I'm must really have picked some obsolete books, lol. No, I know that it's not Jude Deveraux. I'm a big fan I hers, so I know it isn't one from her--thanks though!

I don't remember the publishing date. They were both library books that I read sometime between 1998-2002, so they must have been published before then.

The first book had a cover with a blonde woman being lifted above a dark haired man. She looked like she was sweeping her dress back. Sad to say, she also looked like she had a long mullet.

In the second book, I don't remember what the girl looks like on the cover, but the guy looked strangely like Elvis in his younger years. Though I know this is by no means irregular, in the book the heroine has large bosoms that the hero is fascinated by. There's also a scene where, after a hard day, he falls into their bed naked. She gets into a huff, and he tells her, "you looked" which becomes a bit of a running joke in the book henceforth.

Any other ideas?
daisymau

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Two unknown book titles -- :/ Reply with quote

orientalbelle wrote:
Hey there, I've been wracking my brain trying to remember these two books.

The hero's name is Conner, and he is very wealthy; however, for some reason (a bet I think), he has to marry this spoiled, rich young woman. She complains about everything. I remember at one point he has to go out and dry out peat to burn. I remember the heroine taking offense that Conner was very bearded. Towards the end, he takes her home and has a party. She was so upset at finding that he put her through hell being this a crass peasant that she shows up at the top of the stairs in an old kilt with her teeth blacked out and behaves the way he initially behaved with her.

In unknown title 2, the book opens fairly soon with the fact that the heroine's father died. The hero is somehow involved with her dad's ship or the dock where it is. She has younger siblings, but I'm not sure how many. I think they really loved marbles. At one point, she tries to homestead her dad's ship because the hero wants to sell it to a company that will destroy the ship and use it as filler for the marina. Fairly early in the book, a fire sweeps the town, and the heroine ends up saving someone but burns her leg in the process. The hero ends up marrying her somehow. At one point, their in bed about to consummate their of convenience when his hand brushes up against the burn, and of course, that feel takes over.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

#1 might be Wild Flower by Donna Stephens
willaful

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breast obsession is common in Catherine Coulter, but it doesn't ring a bell as one of her books. I haven't read them all, though.
orientalbelle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not the Donna Stephen's book, though it looks interesting. Book 1 is was set in Scotland or England.

Book 2 was set in New England. No, it's not Coulter.

Does that help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: