AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Author's name misspelled on the cover?!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kim_mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Author's name misspelled on the cover?!? Reply with quote

So, perhaps I am missing something here but I just ordered Deirdre Martin's new book "Hip Check" from the library. Her first name is spelled DIERDRE instead of DEIRDRE in bold letters on the cover...how does someone miss THAT?!?

I thought maybe her name was spelled differently and I had missed it but according to all the other listings it's Deirdre. Hopefully they haven't printed many copies of this February release. Wink

http://www.amazon.com/Hip-Check-New-York-Blades/dp/0425251152/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355255665&sr=8-1&keywords=martin+deirdre
Anne Marble

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooops! I hope they can fix that!

I once bought a paperback where the author's pen name was used on the cover, but his real name was used on the title page. Shocked I cannot beliee they screwed up something so major. Many authors have to use pen names for legal reasons or because of their employment, so they could have really messed up his life with that. But at least they didn't get it work on the cover. Sheesh!
Rolling Eyes
Lynda X

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That wins the prize, hands down, of worst editing error! I'd be soooo bitterly disappointed if I were the author and it was my first book! If I had a lot of books out, I'd probably just laugh. Hope she changes publishers or they pay her a hefty bonus--say a Mercedes.
kim_mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to her website and the cover is correct there so maybe it has been caught but both amazon and my library system has the wrong cover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: