AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JR Ward's new book not a Black Dagger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: JR Ward's new book not a Black Dagger Reply with quote

I just found out that JR Ward's new book is not a Black Dagger book. I quit reading her Black Dagger books a long time ago after she killed off an h (Wellsie I think) in a book that followed.

I really liked her old series written as Jessica Bird especially the awesome book, The Billionaire Next Door. I always hoped she would go back to that series. Her new book, a contemporary, is called The Bourbon Kings and after reading the excerpt I am intrigued. Too bad it's a hardbound book so if my library doesn't get it, I might have to wait a while.
CG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if its true, but I've heard it's more along the lines of a Family Saga rather than Romance. If so, I think I'll pass. Will wait for reviews either way.
Jane A

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: JR Ward's new book not a Black Dagger Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
I just found out that JR Ward's new book is not a Black Dagger book. I quit reading her Black Dagger books a long time ago after she killed off an h (Wellsie I think) in a book that followed.

I really liked her old series written as Jessica Bird especially the awesome book, The Billionaire Next Door. I always hoped she would go back to that series. Her new book, a contemporary, is called The Bourbon Kings and after reading the excerpt I am intrigued. Too bad it's a hardbound book so if my library doesn't get it, I might have to wait a while.

I stopped reading the BDB series about when you did, and agree wholeheartedly about her books written as Jessica Bird. Sadly, I doubt we'll see more from her under that pseudonym. If, as CG suspects, her latest is more a Family Saga I don't think she'll be pulling me back into her rank of fans.
Kayne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: JR Ward's new book not a Black Dagger Reply with quote

On Goodreads it says the book's TV/film rights have already been optioned.
Bonnie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read this book a couple of weeks ago. Spectacularly bad! Embarrassingly so, IMO. When will I learn...

The writing was so sophomoric, had no depth and I don't even know who the main characters were or what they looked like.

I did really enjoy her books as Jessica Bird, but this was so incredibly disappointing. Nothing but a giant ad for products that most people will never be able to afford.
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear that. I am passing on this one. There are too many other books to read. Thanks so much for sharing.

Bonnie wrote:
I just read this book a couple of weeks ago. Spectacularly bad! Embarrassingly so, IMO. When will I learn...

The writing was so sophomoric, had no depth and I don't even know who the main characters were or what they looked like.

I did really enjoy her books as Jessica Bird, but this was so incredibly disappointing. Nothing but a giant ad for products that most people will never be able to afford.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: