AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need title - heroine receives 15 lashes of the whip
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Need title - heroine receives 15 lashes of the whip Reply with quote

Book addict says: Title for a 1980s book

Book possibly early 80s. Setting was in a castle type of building. The H was the king or head of the castle. The h was a servant. I remember the H did not like his brothers servant girlfriend so he pulled her into his room and checked that she was a virgin, this girl then hanged herself in the castle stairway. His brother was mad. The h was accused of stealing jewelry. She denied it. The H said she could admit that she stole the jewelry or would receive 15 lashes of the whip. She refused. She was taken out into the whipping area and I remember the man who would administer the lashes didn't want to but she told him it was ok. The H turns away and cant watch after so many. Then i think he got to 11 and the lasher refused to give anymore. The h is taken to the houses outside the castle and is extremely sick and almost dies. She ends up meeting the H again, I think he says he is sorry for the lashes.
I think I can't forget the book because of the 15 lashes of the whip. I would like to read it again to see if it is anything like I remember it. If you can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Original post: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef__np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1XY5YEXZ58A3L#CustomerDiscussionsNew

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Jenny
[/u]
xina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I can think of is The Conqueror by Brenda Joyce. Although, by your description, I don't think this is the book. It's been years since I read it.
dick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the lashes fit, but you might check Josie Litton's trilogy "Dream of Me," "Believe in Me," "Come back to Me." The hero is a Norseman who has taken the heroine captive, as I recall, and has her put to the lash when she commits some infraction he can't overlook. Can't remember in which part of the trilogy the event occurs.
Viking Princess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream of Me is a great viking romance by Josie Litton http://www.amazon.com/books-Dream-Me-Believe/dp/0553584367
cheri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Johanna Lindsay? IIRC, she wrote a couple Viking ones and I'm not sure but I think in Hearts Aflame the hero may have whipped the heroine before he realizes its a woman as she is disguised , I don't know about the 15 lashes though. And this book was part of a trilogy so I may be mixing it up for one of the other 2.
Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I forwarded your suggestions. I'll let you know whether any of the books you suggested is the one as soon as the OP answers.
Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to OP the books that were suggested so far are not it. Thank you for trying to help.
erhea13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try one of Catherine Coulter's viking series.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I recently read this book, but the only book I've read in the past six months that even vaguely fits this description is Josie Litton's Dream of Me.
erhea13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is not one of Litton's Dream series. None of them have a servant girlfriend of a brother hanging herself in a stairwell. And the lash scene did not have the man doling them out refuse, instead he does all of them - 20 or so - in a way that barely touches her.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a lot of writers have used a similar plot point!
CindyS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this one is ancient but Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss did have a scene where the Heroine was lashed but I could swear the H/H were on a ship when it happened. And I don't think the Hero ever hurt the Heroine. It's probably the first book I read that allowed for something awful to happen to the heroine without her being saved by the hero just in time.

CindyS
utoeid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fires of Winter by Johanna Lindsay has something similar in the plot.
shameless3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a similar thread a couple of years ago - I am trying to find it now to see if there were any other titles suggested. I believe I am searching for the same book (with no luck).

Tara
LFL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was something similar in Johanna Lindsey's Secret Fire (Russian set historical) as well. The heroine was made to work as a servant, accused of stealing and whipped. But the hero was away at the time of the whipping and remorseful to have left her there alone afterward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: