AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ruined by Moonlight review on AAR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
despr8housewife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Ruined by Moonlight review on AAR Reply with quote

I loved, loved, loved this book. It was interesting to me to read about Ben and Alicia, a couple that had been married for 6 months, and Ran and Elena, a couple that had never met before they were thrown together by being kidnapped and locked in a room together. Both couples relationships developed as they grew to know and trust each other.

Emma Wildes does a great job of writing about couples who have been married for a while. "Lessons From A Scarlet Lady" is her other book with this scenario. Most authors end the story at the wedding. I actually enjoyed their story more, as it was fun to see how Alicia shocked her husband by demanding they get to know each other in a different way. Ben had to completely reevaluate his expectations of his wife and of his marriage.

I would give this book an A for sure. Give it a try, its funny, hot, and the plot twists surprised me all through the story. I can't wait to read the next one in the series, and I hope that we learn more about Ben and Alicia and how their marriage relationship develops.

It seems that the reviewer had trouble focusing on two relationships at the same time. Too bad!
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Ruined by Moonlight review on AAR Reply with quote

Hi despr8housewife!

Thanks so much for the additional viewpoint on the book! I am so glad that you posted it! It is always good for there to be additional voices. Everyone likes a different thing, so the more opinions the better! Smile

I just wanted to clarify something that you said in your message about my take on the book. It wasn't that there were two couples that I didn't like. That was what you indicated I had a problem with in your message and I felt that wasn't the case or what I said in the review. I usually enjoy when there is more than just a one-couple romance - that can get too intense. As a reader of urban fantasy, which I am, you have to be willing and able to juggle lots of different stories at once to enjoy those, so anything less usually bores me! Smile But the problem with Ran and Elena and Alicia and Ben was that the two stories didn't work TOGETHER. There was very little interaction between them and no connection to each other's stories. While the girls were cousins, other than that, the stories had nothing in common. To me, it seemed that the author said - hey, I need two couples so I will throw THESE two together. Not because they needed to be together, but because the author needed them that way. Does that make a little more sense? Smile I never saw any reason that these four people shared a book and the two plot lines rarely intersected at all. As a result, it was not one complete story that worked in harmony but two competing stories that sounded like two songs were playing on the radio at the same time.

I hope that clarifies things a bit! Smile Glad you liked the book! Smile
despr8housewife

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Ruined by Moonlight review on AAR Reply with quote

Thanks, for the clarification! I do understand your review better now. I thought you objected to there being two couples' stories kind of competing as the main plot in the book! I didn't have a problem with it, but I can be very forgiving when I'm a fan of a particular author. And I'm a huge fan of Emma Wildes.

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to explain your review further.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruined by Moonlight review on AAR Reply with quote

despr8housewife wrote:
I didn't have a problem with it, but I can be very forgiving when I'm a fan of a particular author. And I'm a huge fan of Emma Wildes.

I hear ya! Smile I know that feeling well. I have read Emma Wildes before and liked the two couple thing. Like I said, I am used to paranormals and urban fantasy - I get bored sometimes when there is only the one couple! I think Emma Wildes is the only Regency author that I have found that does that well in a similar style.

Bottome line - glad you enjoyed the book. In the teaser chapter, it looks like Ben and Alicia may become recurring characters. They were my favorite part of this book, so that is definitely a good thing! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: