AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is perfect text possible?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading right now the most current issue from Joy Fielding, Shadow Creek, and surprisingly enjoying it more than I thought I would. However, last night I came across one of the longest sentences I think I've ever seen in a book and made a mental note to copy it to this thread. Here goes.

From Chapter 15:

They'd been walking around in circles for what felt like hours, she was being eaten alive by mosquitoes, and her once-beautiful Jimmy Choos, the open-toed, red stilettos she'd successfully snagged after waiting in line for hours in front of H&M with hundreds of other like-minded young women jostling to be the first in the doors when the store opened and the designer's new line of reasonably priced footwear was introduced, were being pummeled into oblivion by the rugged terrain, their once-soft leather now bearing the scars of disrespectful twigs, their slender four-and-a-half-inch heels overwhelmed by ugly, fat clumps of mud.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Reading right now the most current issue from Joy Fielding, Shadow Creek, and surprisingly enjoying it more than I thought I would. However, last night I came across one of the longest sentences I think I've ever seen in a book and made a mental note to copy it to this thread. Here goes.

From Chapter 15:

They'd been walking around in circles for what felt like hours, she was being eaten alive by mosquitoes, and her once-beautiful Jimmy Choos, the open-toed, red stilettos she'd successfully snagged after waiting in line for hours in front of H&M with hundreds of other like-minded young women jostling to be the first in the doors when the store opened and the designer's new line of reasonably priced footwear was introduced, were being pummeled into oblivion by the rugged terrain, their once-soft leather now bearing the scars of disrespectful twigs, their slender four-and-a-half-inch heels overwhelmed by ugly, fat clumps of mud.

Oh good grief! lol

Linda
JaneO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week I came across someone "in the throws of passion" and someone else being "put through the ringer."

Spell check can't catch all mistakes.
Charlotte McClain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have cheered myself up considerably if I had returned to this thread during my recent round of editing. (I had three books come up for editing at the same time.) I had fights with two different editors over the correct spelling of "drive thru." They both insisted that it was "drive through." I finally resorted to attaching a picture of the McDonald's drive thru sign to the manuscript. I'm still not convinced that it shouldn't be capitalized because it is outside every McDonald's with a drive thru.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: