AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson- a funny find
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No confusion across days. I clicked a button on one screen saying 99 cents & it went in the cart for $2.99. I even took screen shots in case I wanted to argue with Sony about it, but the time that would take probably isn't worth it for $2.
BarbaraSD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read all the post so maybe this was answered, but is this strictly an e-book? So disappointing that authors seem to be using this form of selling their books. I don't have a Kindle and have no plans to buy one, and this is maybe the third novel I would like to read.
erika

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarbaraSD wrote:
I didn't read all the post so maybe this was answered, but is this strictly an e-book? So disappointing that authors seem to be using this form of selling their books. I don't have a Kindle and have no plans to buy one, and this is maybe the third novel I would like to read.

I felt the same a year ago but surrendered when a certain popular ebook was being sold for under $2. Those prices make it worth at least getting the free apps for kindle, nook. And I still read print books.
kmredd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson- a funny find Reply with quote

pwm in mi wrote:
I haven't heard this book mentioned on the board, so I thought I'd post. I am only 34% through Playing for Keeps and I have laughed more than any other book I've read all year. The heroine, Haley is a shy woman who comes out of her shell when she finally gets to know her "neighbor from hell". The hero, Jason, is a riot. A self proclaimed a-hole, he sees his neighbor as a buddy who needs help coming out of her shell, a project if you will (even calls her Grasshopper, tee hee). Jason's internal dialogue is so funny. He is so clueless, immature, and I should really hate him. But that is the magic, Matthewson has made him so endearing!

Here is the best part. It's $ .99!!!! I am not even finished and its been well worth the price.

Thank you pwm in mi. I love books like this Very Happy
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarbaraSD wrote:

A couple of years ago I thought the same thing. Then I finally gave in as there were too many books I felt I was missing and my reading world was totally turned on it's access! It's amazing how much I fell in love with ereading when I swore up and down sideways and backwards that NEVER would I join this 'new world'.

But I love SO many things about ebooks now - incredible prices, a huge variety of books on one device, the ability to read on different sized fonts are but just a few real huge pluses to having jumped in.

And to answer your question - I think you can get in print, but it's very cost prohibitive to get as a print book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: