AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
Ellen O'Connell Beautiful Bad Man

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
patricia



Joined: 09 Aug 2009
Posts: 81
Location: st. louis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Ellen O'Connell Beautiful Bad Man Reply with quote

I have read and reread all of O'Connell's books. I loved this one also. She writes some harsh characters but finds a way to healing. If I am ever in such dangerous situations.....give me an alpha male who does what needs doing. Wow. Norah's growth was inspiring to experience. There were so many layers. Some were predictable and some were surprises. I particularly liked Caleb's resourcefulness using brains as well as guns. Smart is always appealing. She is a brilliant writer.
_________________
gypsy

Life is not measured by the breaths we take.....but by the moments that take our breath away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maryskl



Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 354
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ellen O'Connell Beautiful Bad Man Reply with quote

patricia wrote:
I have read and reread all of O'Connell's books. I loved this one also. She writes some harsh characters but finds a way to healing. If I am ever in such dangerous situations.....give me an alpha male who does what needs doing. Wow. Norah's growth was inspiring to experience. There were so many layers. Some were predictable and some were surprises. I particularly liked Caleb's resourcefulness using brains as well as guns. Smart is always appealing. She is a brilliant writer.


All of her books have been keepers for me. Great writer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MEK



Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Posts: 283

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only read this one once. I'm holding myself back, waiting for the perfect time to reread. Just knowing this author is out there writing these great books makes me happy happy!!

....and they are Westerns. How fun is that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Islandgirl2



Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY thanks for letting me know I'm always looking for a good western as I'm a bit bored by the same genre happening. Miss good ones. Will take a look thanks for sharing.
_________________
Romance my favorite reading pastime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maryskl



Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 354
Location: Alabama

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islandgirl2 wrote:
REALLY thanks for letting me know I'm always looking for a good western as I'm a bit bored by the same genre happening. Miss good ones. Will take a look thanks for sharing.


She has about 3 other books out (Sing My Name, Dancing on Coals and Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold).

Another new good western writer if you have not tried her is Kaki Warner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Islandgirl2



Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really happy to get more recommendations. Thanks so much.
_________________
Romance my favorite reading pastime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vol Fan



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 309
Location: Tennessee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islandgirl2 wrote:
Really happy to get more recommendations. Thanks so much.


Also add Caroline Fyffe to your list. Her westerns are great and have the feel of the series Bonanza or The Big Valley. I love her stuff too. All 3 of these authors are the best in the western genre IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheri



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 1350
Location: michigan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love both of these authors. I just bought the book before this one and being a great daughter I let my mom borrow it for her winter break in Florida for 4 months:( . Glad to hear she has another one out.


Cheri
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Islandgirl2



Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Beautiful Bad Man and it was SO GOOD.

I can't thank you all enough for recommending this one. I'm going to have to watch for more and catch up on others from this author. For being her 5th book wow.

My favorite part about this book was probably the way she keeps Caleb tough. Just because he finds love it doesn't make him stop doing what he does so to speak.

I loved the way he'd describe Norah's Muley face but keep doing whatever he had in that brain of his to do.

Too many times heroes of the stories are made to change their plans because heroine is bothered etc. Don't get me wrong I mean if it's making sense it's a good thing. But I also like that it sort of shows the reality of just because Norah was bothered didn't mean he was going to wake up and change his ways 180. It was a progress over time.

I love the above description smart Alpha. Perfect.

Bring on more smart westerns!
_________________
Romance my favorite reading pastime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kristie(J)



Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 1136
Location: Southwestern Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islandgirl2 wrote:
Just finished Beautiful Bad Man and it was SO GOOD.

I can't thank you all enough for recommending this one. I'm going to have to watch for more and catch up on others from this author. For being her 5th book wow.

My favorite part about this book was probably the way she keeps Caleb tough. Just because he finds love it doesn't make him stop doing what he does so to speak.

I loved the way he'd describe Norah's Muley face but keep doing whatever he had in that brain of his to do.

Too many times heroes of the stories are made to change their plans because heroine is bothered etc. Don't get me wrong I mean if it's making sense it's a good thing. But I also like that it sort of shows the reality of just because Norah was bothered didn't mean he was going to wake up and change his ways 180. It was a progress over time.

I love the above description smart Alpha. Perfect.

Bring on more smart westerns!


Isn't it grand?? I can't say which of her books is my favourite. I'll read one like Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold and think this is it. Then I'll read Beautiful Bad Man and think, no this is. Then I'll read Sing My Name or Dancing on Coals and well, you get the picture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Islandgirl2



Joined: 14 Nov 2010
Posts: 282

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristie so funny. I just ordered Eyes of Silver Eyes of Gold so I'm sure I'll do the same thing. Wink
_________________
Romance my favorite reading pastime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group