AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a Historical Erotica.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJBgni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Looking for a Historical Erotica..... Reply with quote

I love...love the authors I have found and the books they have written.....problem is I have read them all and re-read them waiting for new books....

~Kate Pearce~ Simply Series
~Emma Holly~
~ Robin Schone ~
~Charolette Featharst~
~ Lisa Valdez ~
~Em Brown~
~ Anne Stuart~
~Natasha Blackthorne~ ~
~Maya Banks ( Not historical but I LOVE her book's)
~Jess Michaels~
~Emma Holly~
~EL James~ Yes the 50 shades triloghy....~ again not historical, but I had to see what all the fuss was about....uumm...very HOT series....!!!
~Susan Johnson~
~Lisa Klepas~
~Robin Schone~

** I would not mind a "50 shades" modern series as well**

I have read ALL of theses ladies book's......Kate Pearce is my FAV.....so any suggestions would be great...I do love a series but a hot stand alone book is great too....

Thanx in advance ladies for all your infomation!!
brwneyedbeauty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvia Day, Sharon Page, Julia Templeton, Lila DiPasqua all have great books. These are my fave books by them:

Sylvia Day- Ask For It, Passion for the Game, A Passion For Him(these three are connected, especially the last 2, so that's the order to read them in), The Stranger I Married, Bad Boys Ahoy!(anthology, but all by SD)

Julia Templeton- The Bargain, The Conquest(connected books), A Dangerous Game, Dangerous Desires.

Sharon Page- Black Silk, Hot Silk(book 2 and 3 of a trilogy. Book 1, called Sin, isn't my fave but you may like it), A Gentleman Seduced. She also writes paranormals that feature threesomes. But I'm not sure if you are interested in that. It's called the Blood Series.

Lila DiPasqua- Awakened By A Kiss, The Princess In His Bed. These are both anthologies written solely by her. She does have a few full length stories, but I haven't gotten my hands on them yet. But I hear that they are very good. If you are interested, they are called Undone and A Midnight Dance. These books are all on fairy tales retold.

I hope that I gave you some that you will enjoy Wink
Viking Princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this website I love http://www.bookstrand.com/catalog/197/historical?sortBy=bestSelling
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Irish Devil by Diana Whiteside, I would have bought it for the cover alone but the story was pretty hawt!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites is "The Diary Of Cozette" by Amanda McIntyre

Nice book and I love the cover too!
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone mentioned Maya Banks-not historical all contemp.

She has a series, the titles all start with Sweet, that I have read 2 of and they were good stolid reads. I think there was another of hers that I didn't finish because it just got a little too....lets say the story disappeared and what of a story was left made me close the book. I think that was for her pleasure, but without looking i don't know for sure.
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops I see you have Maya Banks in your list...

How about Shaya Black, contemps, but under Shelley Bradley she has a historical that I haven't read called....Strickly Seduction
JudyZ6666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Historical Erotica..... Reply with quote

TJBgni wrote:

** I would not mind a "50 shades" modern series as well**

Thanx in advance ladies for all your infomation!!

For a contemporary series, try Lorelei James' Rough Riders Series. I will say that the series hits its stride at Book 3, although it's a continuing thing so, while you could get away without Book 2, I'd read Book 1 before you read Book 5 (which is a menage book, which doesn't usually appeal to me, but this one was quite good--I actually read it last when I was reading through the series and it is one of my favorites--the background of the two male characters in Book 5--Rough, Raw, and Ready--is in Book 1--Long Hard Ride).]

And, thanks for the list. Wink

Judy
xina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of one more that I loved...The Captivation by Natasha Rostova.

Very good...but not with the typical romance novel ending.
Danielle D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madame Charlie by Sahara Kelly -- I enjoyed this one.

She's written other historicals also that I read.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Trish B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could look into Monica Burns. Two that I've read are Kismet and Pleasure Me. I also got a sample excerpt of Grace Calloway's Her Husband's Harlot on my kindle and it was pretty hot. You could also investigate Silvia Violet's historicals (she writes in several genres)/ I've only read one so far, A Carnal Agreement.

A new historical author that I've been impressed with is Cecilia Grant. Though not what I would call "erotica", still quite hot: A Lady Awakened and A Gentleman Undone
TJBgni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: The Diary of Cozette.... Reply with quote

I just finished The Diary of Cozette.....great book ! Thank You for rec. I found it a fast easy read!
xina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Diary of Cozette.... Reply with quote

TJBgni wrote:
I just finished The Diary of Cozette.....great book ! Thank You for rec. I found it a fast easy read!

I'm so glad you liked it. I just love that book!
EllenH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Historical Erotica Reply with quote

You had some of my favorites on your list. Here are some more that I enjoyed:

Sahara Kelly (The Gypsy Lovers)
Samantha Kane - Brothers in Arms series, MMF
Sarah McCarty - Promises Series, Western
Lacy Danes (Being Wicked & What She Craves)
K.A. Mitchell (An Improper Holiday), MM
Elizabeth Amber - The Lord of Satyr (Historical Paranormal, some MM and MFM
Ann Jacobs (Lords of Pleasure) Medieval
Elizabeth Lowell - Only Series, Western, more hot than erotic

Happy reading!
Ellie
pickyreader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read 2 of Maya Banks' Sweet Series but I admit that the rest were a bit too much for me.. especially when it came to the whole 'slave and master' business. My favourite was Sweet Seduction.

Here are my suggestions although not every chapter has a love scene, they come pretty close and the sexual tension is quite.. titillating!

The Mad Bad Duke by Jennifer Ashley (I loved how JA used the lovespell to bring these two together. The first love scene is memorable. I still can't get it out of my mind!!!)
Lord Ruin by Carolyn Jewel (Another one of my favorites. The heroine was the sweetest person and the hero was so sensual. I favored the second love scene in this one.)
Ravishing in Red by Madeline Hunter (I liked the story in this. I really enjoyed the hero's brother's role and how it sculpted our heroes' relationship)
Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas (Oh gosh, Ross Cannon is one of my all time favourite heroes. He is such a decent, moral man.)
To Seduce a Sinner and The Leopard Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt (TSAS is easily in my top 5 best reads. Here the hero stole the show. Whenever he adressed his wife (who propositioned marriage to him out of convenience) as ''My Sweet/ My Lady Wife" I just melted. TLP is interesting because the hero is of no title. The heroine is a Lady.)

I must admit that I am a very picky reader (hence my username) and I tend to favor plotlines revolving around arranged marriage/marriage of convenience. All of the above use more or less the same plot device (except The Leopard Prince and Lady Sophia's Lover).

If I had to rate them, the least steamiest are To Seduce a Sinner and Ravishing in Red. The steamiest would probably be The Leopard Prince only because it has more graphic scenes not more in quantity.

If you are interested in a free contemporary novella, I would recommend "Beauty touched the Beast" by Skye Warren. If you visit her site you will find you can download it for free. Beauty may have touched the beast but the beast touched me deeply. Such a moving story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: