AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we bring back the 6 feet heroes! & Certain authors n

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bookmark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Can we bring back the 6 feet heroes! & Certain authors n Reply with quote

to mix it up a little.

About the land of the giant men----What is the deal with all these 6'4 and above heroes in (what seems to be the majority of) books I've run across? It's okay to have heroines and heroes be the same height or not much height difference. It doesn't always have to be the hero towering over the tall heroine. Well, at least that's one reason why I'd think heroes are becoming so much taller. Seriously, I cannot read any books with six and a half feet, or *gasp* seven feet heroes. I love tall heroes, but come on, there's a limit.

Or is it just me and coincidence?

About authors ---There are some authors whose books I like reading, but they seem to stick with the same heroines. They're either all tall, certain hair color, etc... in every single book. You're losing me.

I want more blond heroes! Too many giant dark haired heroes running around in romance book land.

While I'm at it, lets do away with the redhead, especially the petite redhead, heroines. Alright, dark red is okay, but these flaming redheads are burning my eyes.
brwneyedbeauty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we bring back the 6 feet heroes! & Certain autho Reply with quote

bookmark wrote:
to mix it up a little.

About authors ---There are some authors whose books I like reading, but they seem to stick with the same heroines. They're either all tall, certain hair color, etc... in every single book. You're losing me.

I thought I was the only one feeling this way. I'm having this issue with an author. Without naming names, she has a series about 7 male best friends. They all look different from one another. They have different hair and eye color combinations. Not the heroines though. 5 of the 7 heroines are blond. However, they do have different eye colors. The only reason that the one heroine has dark hair is because her brother is one of the dark haired heroes. I don't know about the last heroine though. There's no info about that book yet. I like the books and all, but it's really aggravating me. You don't have a group of best friends that have wives that are so similar looking.

I'm really over the heroines with golden blond hair and blue eyes. Or the heroines that are so petite that they are child-like. I want my heroine to look like women with breasts, hips and an ass, not like little girls that haven't developed yet.

sorry for the rant Wink
LordRose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with the annoyance at tall heroes. I'm 5'5", so pretty average, and I always feel uncomfortable with excessively tall men. I really can't enjoy being with someone if I can't even see his face unless I crane my neck. Six feet is plenty tall.

What really bothers me is when the hero thinks something along the lines of, "She was tall for a woman. She came up to his shoulder." Then I start imagining the heroes as slightly monstrous in size.

Similar physical descriptions for characters by the same author don't really bother me, since I usually don't pay all that much attention to exactly what a character looks like. I can still remember what the characters looked like in the book I just finished, but beyond that is gone. Besides, I like my heroes dark-haired ;D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: