AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help finding book similar to Tessa Dare's 3 Nights?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvarake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Help finding book similar to Tessa Dare's 3 Nights? Reply with quote

I'm reading Tessa Dare's Three Nights with a Scoundrel which I mistakenly thought I had read before. I know I've read a book with a similar premise before - can anyone help me figure out what it was?

The premise is that the heroine is suddenly left alone by the death of her brother and the hero (a friend of the brother) tries mightily to get her to marry one of her brother's other friends even though he's been madly in love with her for years because he's of a disreputable low background and he's just not good enough for her. In Dare's story the heroine is deaf. I believe that the heroine had some similar issue that made the hero feel she was vulnerable and needed to be married off pronto.

I think the other book might have also been part of a series. Any ideas of what title I might be thinking of? This is making me crazy.
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now its gonna drive me crazy too! I scanned through the special title listings and didn't find it.

If we're thinking of the same book, it is part of a regency-era series. The heroine's brother gets killed and it drives the hero crazy that she lives alone with only a companion. I keep thinking it must be Gaelen Foley, or Liz Carlyle, or Jo Goodwin, but no luck finding it yet.
Trish B

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meredith Duran's WICKED BECOMES YOU has a similar theme but the heroine has no disability that I recall. It's also a Victorian rather than a Regency.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trish B wrote:
Meredith Duran's WICKED BECOMES YOU has a similar theme but the heroine has no disability that I recall. It's also a Victorian rather than a Regency.

That's not it, but it looks good!

Bumping this in hopes of finding it.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still hoping to find this one. Does anyone have connections at SBTB to see if they'd put it in HABO?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: