AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mom Cave

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Mom Cave Reply with quote

I just saw a listing for a show called Mom Cave. I have seen Man Cave before but this got me wondering what I would want in a Mom Cave. The listing said it will be a makeover of a room into a lounge/library where she can host her book club Laughing What would you put in your mom cave (or man cave)?
Margaret

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mom Cave Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
I just saw a listing for a show called Mom Cave. I have seen Man Cave before but this got me wondering what I would want in a Mom Cave. The listing said it will be a makeover of a room into a lounge/library where she can host her book club Laughing What would you put in your mom cave (or man cave)?

What a fun question! I would have a big a$$ tv with my favorite dvds...Breaking Bad, Fringe, Warehouse 13, X-Files. My knitting, sewing machine, and books.
Kayne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mom Cave Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
Kayne wrote:

What a fun question! I would have a big a$$ tv with my favorite dvds...Breaking Bad, Fringe, Warehouse 13, X-Files. My knitting, sewing machine, and books.

Definitely agree on nice big tv with fav movies/shows. I was dispointed in the actual show. They used wallpaper that looked like books on bookshelves instead of actually putting in real bookshelves, LOL!
Vol Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the show, but that one wasn't one of their better ones. I agree that book wallpaper was a cop out IMO. Should have been more of an old library/English library feel to it with REAL books. That would have been my preference. Or either a comfy porch-like sunroom where you could curl up on a pillow laden swing or chair and have lots of light and windows with a view.

They have had several makeovers in various rooms, but the they seem to do their best work in kitchens. Some of the dens they have done were kinda overdone IMO. Almost garish even. They also did a back yard makeover into an old country style back yard that I loved too.
MEK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mom cave, which is actually a spare bedroom, I purchased a chaise lounge - you know, the chair with a back and one or both arms, but the seat and ottoman are all one so your legs are supported. Its wonderful!

It faces a TV and I read or watch girl TV in my house of males (usually HGTV)
or the Closer -last episodes Crying or Very sad
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne, what a fun question. I have taken over a bedroom in our house that is now referred to as the office. But it's all mine--the color, articles, furniture, lamps--you name it. My computer and desk is in there, along with all the home paperwork and a lounging chair. It's my mini retreat. No television, but that's in the other spare room for visitors, and I've taken that one over for myself, too. I watch TV in there and have a portable fireplace, my laptop and will read on the bed also.

What I would really like in the house is an enclosed sunroom (like Vol Fan suggested), but I don't think that's a reality in my lifetime. I'll read outside occasionally on our cemented patio, but having it enclosed would make it that much better.

I've enjoyed everyone's responses so far. So much fun to dream.
Kayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ideas of the lounge chair and portable fireplace. I also didn't realize that Mom Cave is a series. I thought it was part of the Man Cave series so I will watch for more. I've thought about adding a mini fridge. I also enjoy having framed photos nearby. Now its starting to sound like a dorm room LOL!
xina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mom Cave would be a huge walk-in closet and a large area for my camera stuff. *dreaming about it*
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I am going to steal my husbands answer regarding "Man Caves" I would have him in my "Mom Cave" he is my favorite. (I tell him all the time the bar is set pretty low as his competion is a selfish teenager, a young adult, widowed needy mother)
willaful

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOK WALLPAPER???!!! Evil or Very Mad

I always wanted wall to ceiling bookshelves with one of those ladders. And my very own water fountain.
xina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:
Very Happy I am going to steal my husbands answer regarding "Man Caves" I would have him in my "Mom Cave" he is my favorite. (I tell him all the time the bar is set pretty low as his competion is a selfish teenager, a young adult, widowed needy mother)

I LOVE your comment. I have been there...selfish teenager, young adult...and the rest. The hubby looks pretty good compared to the rest. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: