AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Season 5----Anyone watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Yes, she wore lots of baggy clothing this season. Unlike Sookie wearing those tight tees and short shorts! In one scene she wore those baggy PJ's , and last week she wore that poofy pink dress with the faires. (I think it was pink) Also, her face is fuller than usual.
I'm probably wrong about the Warlow character. I always try to predict, and mostly, I get it wrong. I just know that they will have to bring in that character in the finale...right? I'm thinking he'll take her. Who knows???

Looks like they are going for the sexual. Who knows?

I loved that comment Pam made about Baby Vamps. I can't remember exactly, but it was funny.

Pam has the best one liners!

Ohhh I think you could be right, he will take her and that's where the season will leave off. Hmmmm! He has to come into play for the last ep, no other reason to bring him into the season I would guess.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An extended peek at the finale, knowing now how pregnant Ana was when they shot these eps I can see it. I can't wait for Sunday!

http://youtu.be/1tiOCCJJv5U

Linda
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally caught up with this week's episode and I am really sick of Bill and his whole storyline.

I watched the "making of" extras after the episode and the writers were going on and on about how they wanted to make Bill really "evil" this season and all I could think is that they just made him seem really dumb. I kept thinking he must have a secret agenda because it just makes no sense otherwise. His 180 degree turn was just so abrupt, especially for a vampire over a century old and so devoted to mainstreaming, that it really ruined him as a character for me. Eric is much more consistent- all his actions this season seem completely in character.

I really loved seeing Alcide (pun intended) acting like the hero he is and giving his Dad the opportunity to step up too.

Jess and Jason are really great this season- they both have had a lot of growth as characters. I like how Jason has matured but is still kind of naive.

Why does Lafayette not get more lines? He makes every scene.

Like everyone else I hope that Pam and Tara's relationship is more parental and not sexual. I think they both need someone and Tara is WAY better as a vampire than a human.

Anyone else notice that the "Fairy elder" was "Coco" from the old "Fame" TV series?? Or am I just showing my age? LOL. No wonder she was a good dancer she spent all that time "paying in sweat" with Debbie Allen Wink
xina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
An extended peek at the finale, knowing now how pregnant Ana was when they shot these eps I can see it. I can't wait for Sunday!

http://youtu.be/1tiOCCJJv5U

Linda

I love the one liners in True Blood! Meat Sack...LOL!
They've covered up her pregnancy well this season, but she does look pregnant in that shot.
xina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:
Well I finally caught up with this week's episode and I am really sick of Bill and his whole storyline.

I watched the "making of" extras after the episode and the writers were going on and on about how they wanted to make Bill really "evil" this season and all I could think is that they just made him seem really dumb. I kept thinking he must have a secret agenda because it just makes no sense otherwise. His 180 degree turn was just so abrupt, especially for a vampire over a century old and so devoted to mainstreaming, that it really ruined him as a character for me. Eric is much more consistent- all his actions this season seem completely in character.

I really loved seeing Alcide (pun intended) acting like the hero he is and giving his Dad the opportunity to step up too.

Jess and Jason are really great this season- they both have had a lot of growth as characters. I like how Jason has matured but is still kind of naive.

Like everyone else I hope that Pam and Tara's relationship is more parental and not sexual. I think they both need someone and Tara is WAY better as a vampire than a human.

Anyone else notice that the "Fairy elder" was "Coco" from the old "Fame" TV series?? Or am I just showing my age? LOL. No wonder she was a good dancer she spent all that time "paying in sweat" with Debbie Allen Wink

I agree with you...Bill didn't seem evil, just stupid. He didn't come off as evil at all. Eric has pretty much stayed true to his character and even to his character in the books. He shows a soft side at times, but he is mostly a vamp that doesn't think twice about killing.
I've really enjoyed Jess and Jason. Jason has come such a long way from the 1st season, and his character has really grown. As for Jessica, I didn't care one way or the other for her, but I love where she is going.
And yes, Tara is much more interesting as a vamp than a human. Much better.
I didn't recognize the elder fairy. I missed a lot of TV during the 80's. I just didn't watch much of anything. Unlike today....
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisReader wrote:

I thought that Fairie elder looked familiar!

Yes, they just made Bill dumb, WTF were they thinking? Evil would have been more interesting than stupid. Total loss of respect for his character.

Xina, I agree that Eric is the only one staying in character, thank goodness.

Also am enjoying the Jess and Jason friendship and Pam is turning into a pretty good maker.

Linda
kris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: true blood Reply with quote

I didn't find the finale very satisfying at all. This whole season has been a bit of a bust for me. I really didn't like the whole Authority storyline. Too many new characters that I didn't like at all. I missed the interaction between Bill/Sookie/Eric.
What I did like: Pam and Tara, Jessica and Jason, and Alcide....love him.

And now we have a new Lillith.....Billith Laughing
jebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: true blood Reply with quote

kris wrote:

Hysterical! Very Happy

I'm glad to see the Authority gone, at least I hope so. When Bill "died" in the end, I really did think they had killed him off. I actually sat there and thought "Damn! Things just got real!" But when he started to regenerate as Billith (love that, btw!), I just groaned. Great, we now have Seriously Evil Bill, yawn.

I think they're gonna age-up Andy's daughters next season to teens. Can't you see it now? Andy with a household of teenage girls? Love it already! Another classic scene w/LaLa, too!

That beginning totally rocked, though. I kept thinking of all the people that were going to kill Russell, but the fact that Eric did it is just so full circle. That was awesome, too, that it happened bf the opening sequence!

Alcide is the bomb, seriously. Cool Not shirtless, but that skin tight black sleeveless v-neck...where's my paper fan?
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: true blood Reply with quote

kris wrote:

Billith...LOL!
So much for Sookie trying to save him.

And now we know where the Pam/Tara thing is going. That kiss at the end wasn't very parental.
I found The Authority bit getting a little old. It reminded me of the season with Mary Ann and the orgies. Just stale.
And Nora made it through the season. I'm glad, I like her. Eric is still protecting Sookie, which is nice since Bill's original character has all but disappeared.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: true blood Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
kris wrote:

Hysterical! Very Happy

I'm glad to see the Authority gone, at least I hope so. When Bill "died" in the end, I really did think they had killed him off. I actually sat there and thought "Damn! Things just got real!" But when he started to regenerate as Billith (love that, btw!), I just groaned. Great, we now have Seriously Evil Bill, yawn.

I think they're gonna age-up Andy's daughters next season to teens. Can't you see it now? Andy with a household of teenage girls? Love it already! Another classic scene w/LaLa, too!

That beginning totally rocked, though. I kept thinking of all the people that were going to kill Russell, but the fact that Eric did it is just so full circle. That was awesome, too, that it happened bf the opening sequence!

Alcide is the bomb, seriously. Cool Not shirtless, but that skin tight black sleeveless v-neck...where's my paper fan?

Wasn't that great? Eric killing Russell? Are we sure he gone this time??? Hope so.

Andy and his daughters. Who better in this show to have 3 daughters, half fairie? Fun. I hope they do something really great with that!

Seriously Evil Bill/Billith Who saw that coming?? Smile

Yes...Alcide is something. I used to watch the show only for Eric. Now I have Alcide too. I love the way his eyes glow when he's getting all wolfy. Nice.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with all the posters that most of this series was lame. All that time spent with the boring authority vampires and they are all killed off.

I have to say though that Sam taking out the sassy (Southern/western?) accented vampire was pretty inspired! (If super gory) At first I thought he was behind her with a stake- then I figured it out. I hope Luna wasn't killed off just because setting Sam and Andy up as single "Dad's" for next season seems a bit repetitive.

Eric staking Russell was genius! So enjoyed that! I'm also happy Nora survived as she can be pretty interesting.

Billith is hilarious! Still laughing over that!

Everything with Alcide was great and thought his scene with his wolf girlfriend was good too.

This whole season just seemed like the setup for next season.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't yet watched the finale but I don't mind being spoiled! Very Happy Myself, I haven't enjoyed a True Blood season as much since season 1 so no issues here. Looking forward to watching the finale but in the meantime I saw this interview with Alan Ball about what could be in store for season 5, apparently even though he's stepping down he'll still have some input -

http://tvline.com/2012/08/26/true-blood-season-6-spoilers/

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched, OMG that was the best episode of the season!

The Fairie orgasm/birth scene was a riot, I laughed so hard! The commentary from Lafayette and the gang was so funny!

Loved watching Jason in kickass mode! Would like to see him and Jess back together again, I think they'd make an entertaining couple.

Loved the way Sam killed what's her name, I hope Luna is ok.

Eric and Nora kicking butt was awesome! I really like it when the vampire family/maker relationships are explored.

Hope to see Steve Newlin again, I adore his character.

Only disappointment, Bill is back, ugh!

Someone on another board mentioned that Lilith/Billith look like big used tampons. Shocked Ewwww but gotta agree, gross.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Just watched, OMG that was the best episode of the season!

The Fairie orgasm/birth scene was a riot, I laughed so hard! The commentary from Lafayette and the gang was so funny!
I love Lafayette. I always love Andy's reactions too. That was such a great scene. I can't wait to see how they deal with the "babies".

Loved watching Jason in kickass mode! Would like to see him and Jess back together again, I think they'd make an entertaining couple.

**I wonder if they will get back together. I hope so.

Loved the way Sam killed what's her name, I hope Luna is ok.

**I hope so too.

Eric and Nora kicking butt was awesome! I really like it when the vampire family/maker relationships are explored.

**I was worried that Nora would be killed. Those two had some nice love scenes too. Brother and sister...oh, well. Not really in the vamp world. LO
Hope to see Steve Newlin again, I adore his character.

***I like him too...comedy relief.

Only disappointment, Bill is back, ugh!

***For a second, I didn't really care if Bill was gone. But no!! He isn't. I love the end where Eric yells at Sookie to run. I downloaded that song on my phone...Save Yourself. I loved that ending.

Someone on another board mentioned that Lilith/Billith look like big used tampons. Shocked Ewwww but gotta agree, gross.

***I have that picture pinned on my True Blood board on Pinterest. It looks pretty gross.

Linda

Alicia Dean

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: May be doing this wrong... Reply with quote

Hi all...I'm new to the AAR forum, but was excited when I saw a True Blood topic. I enjoyed the posts I read...wish I had time to read them all.

A few quick observations...then I'll be back when I have more time. Very Happy

Lafayette...always hilarious, always great. LOVE HIM.

Tara - Can't stand her. Being turned didn't help her character a bit. Don't want her and Pam to hook up. Pam is WAY too interesting as she is. A storyline with a Tara romance will take away from her 'bite' - No pun intended. Tara is an IDIOT for still being angry with Lafayette and Sookie. First of all, they saved her life, secondly, she now likes being a vamp, so get over it!

Bill- Can't stand him. I don't think he even makes a good villain. They act like his being 'bad' is such a new twist. Just as Jason has already done the hating vamp thing, Bill has already tried the bad guy thing. It's just more extreme this time.

Eric- YUM as always. Although, I would have liked a little more Eric/Sookie time. I'm not happy that when they finally hooked up, he was 'can't remember anything good Eric' - I want to see them hook up while he's 'bad' Eric.

Jason- Acting a fool. He shouldn't have said that to Jess.

Never have been fond of the fairy people. But then, I like things a little darker. The fairy birth thing was funny, though.

Season overall. Liked it. Could have been better. Wish they'd have wrapped a few things up rather than leaving such a cliff hanger.

Question: How did Eric destroy Russell? He lit with fairy light, then disentegrated. I didn't get that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
AliciaDean.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: