AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fifty Shades #5...Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmredd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda I'm soo glad you liked PR's trailers. Thanks for the facebook link. Have you ever heard of "Comfort Food"?
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...I know I'm succumbing to the casting thing, but here goes:

For Ana, I'd suggest Willa Holland:

I'm less sure of a Christian, but this picture of Drew Fuller makes me go, "Hmmmmmmm":
xina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choices Nifty. I had to look up Drew Fuller, hadn't heard of him. He is more of the correct age for Christian, and he's got the look. In spades.
janet w

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Two more Christian ideas Reply with quote

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2719825/ Oliver Jackson-Cohen. British, 26, fairly unknown. Sorry, I'm terrible at posting pix but take a look--I think he has the right stuff ...

Also, Alex Pettyfer (from Magic Mike) ... another "right" face.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Two more Christian ideas Reply with quote

janet w wrote:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2719825/ Oliver Jackson-Cohen. British, 26, fairly unknown. Sorry, I'm terrible at posting pix but take a look--I think he has the right stuff ...

I like this one! Can he do intense I wonder?

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Two more Christian ideas Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

I like this one! Can he do intense I wonder?

Linda[/quote]

Well, he looks intense in a couple of his photos, so there is that. Smile
erika

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Harlequin Reader Survey that was about 50 Shades of Grey today!

Hopefully Harlequin will be influenced. I'm on the verge on cancelling my Presents subscription because they aren't compelling as they once were and the modern heroines are more annoying than likable.
xina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:

Hopefully Harlequin will be influenced. I'm on the verge on cancelling my Presents subscription because they aren't compelling as they once were and the modern heroines are more annoying than likable.

THat is very interesting! Can you give an example of someo of the questions asked?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
erika wrote:

THat is very interesting! Can you give an example of someo of the questions asked?

I am wondering too since it's stuck in my mind that an editor at Harlequin stated that all their books have to pass this test that the characters make choices and decisions their readers would agree with. Shocked Imagine the questions that could be asked! Laughing

ETA: Could it have to do with the new trilogy mentioned here?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/06/how-fifty-shades-of-grey-is-shaking-up-the-business-of-the-romance-genre.html

Harlequin’s official position on self-publishing is that anything bringing more attention to romance fiction in general is in their best interests. In fact, it’s quick to capitalize on the success of the Grey books. In July, Harlequin will release The Siren, the first book in Tiffany Reisz’s trilogy of BDSM novels. It’s about a kinky writer and her sub-dom relationship with her English editor.

Linda
erika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
erika wrote:

I am wondering too since it's stuck in my mind that an editor at Harlequin stated that all their books have to pass this test that the characters make choices and decisions their readers would agree with. Shocked Imagine the questions that could be asked! Laughing

ETA: Could it have to do with the new trilogy mentioned here?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06/06/how-fifty-shades-of-grey-is-shaking-up-the-business-of-the-romance-genre.html

Harlequin’s official position on self-publishing is that anything bringing more attention to romance fiction in general is in their best interests. In fact, it’s quick to capitalize on the success of the Grey books. In July, Harlequin will release The Siren, the first book in Tiffany Reisz’s trilogy of BDSM novels. It’s about a kinky writer and her sub-dom relationship with her English editor.

Linda

I've read that the Siren isn't a FS type romance but more erotica/chick litish.
erika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
erika wrote:

They asked if i read FS, how would I rate it, why I liked it, what line do I read, which line resembles FS and why.

The survey was here: https://www.tellharlequin.com/Portal/default.aspx
xina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:
[

They asked if i read FS, how would I rate it, why I liked it, what line do I read, which line resembles FS and why.

The survey was here: https://www.tellharlequin.com/Portal/default.aspx[/quote]

I am not a member of Harlequin, so I can't see the questions. We can talke more about this tomorrow. Smile
xina

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:

I've read that the Siren isn't a FS type romance but more erotica/chick litish.

Me too. Even more erotica than chick lit. Not FS.. all about the romance and the relationship. Haven't read Siren, just going by reviews.
erika

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
erika wrote:
[

The survey was here: https://www.tellharlequin.com/Portal/default.aspx

I am not a member of Harlequin, so I can't see the questions. We can talke more about this tomorrow. Smile[/quote]

Please sign up! They send surveys on all the lines and free books.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:

Please sign up! They send surveys on all the lines and free books.

Thanks erika...good idea. Maybe I will!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: