AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fifty Shades #5...Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandlynn wrote:
Here's another of those "50 Shades" parodies. What's funny is the reaction of the actors more than anything.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/will-ferrell-zach-galifianakis-50-shades-of-grey-video_n_1738898.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Love it, I wish it was longer!! I would like to request they read some of the steamier scenes, lol

So far Ellen's is still my favorite, I think most have seen it but just in case someone is lurking that hasn't -

http://youtu.be/on3JCwnwHbU

Don't eat the pancakes - lmao! Laughing

Linda[/list]
xina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious! Love it. Those two guys are so funny, I wish it were longer too.
Ellen's is priceless too.
kmredd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone read these?
http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981512636
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
Has anyone read these?

I hadn't read that particular article but I was aware of Gabriel's Inferno, aka The University of Edward Mason when it was fan fiction. I wonder if they will get wind of The Forbidden Room and A House of Cards next, also once fanfic and now published. Features male/male/female though so maybe the mainstream isn't quite ready to go that far. I enjoyed them, Gabriel's Inferno not as much.

Since it was requested to combine replies I'll add this here -

Recent headlines, Fifty Shades of Grey has outsold Harry Potter on Amazon UK!

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/08/fifty-shades-grey-outsells-harry-potter-el-james-becomes-highest-selling-writer-amaz

'Fifty Shades of Grey' outsells 'Harry Potter,' E.L. James becomes highest selling writer on Amazon UK
Gina DiFalco
8/1/2012

If there was any question as to the massive success of Fifty Shades of Grey this next statistic will even quiet the skeptics.

E.L. James is now Amazon U.K.’s highest selling writer to date, as she has outsold J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows held the previous record for the most sold books on Amazon, up until Wednesday.

According to Reuters, the Fifty Shades books have outsold them two to one.

EU Director of Kindle, Gordon Willoughby, has said in a statement "If J.K. Rowling was the literary phenomenon of the last decade then E.L. James looks certain to take that mantle in the current decade.”

Willoughby continued, "In just four months, E.L. James has become Amazon.co.uk's biggest-selling author of all time which is truly remarkable when you consider that we've been selling books for almost 14 years.”

Meanwhile, Contact Music reports there is still ramped speculation about who will play the trilogy’s main characters Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey.

Holy Moses!! Or as Ana would say, Holy Cow!! Very Happy

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
Has anyone read these?

Have it downloaded, but haven't started it. I have read many reviews and I see that it is a mostly PG rating, not as erotic as 50.
kmredd...Have you read the Christian POV fanfic in this thread? It is very, very good.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[Have it downloaded, but haven't started it. I have read many reviews and I see that it is a mostly PG rating, not as erotic as 50.
kmredd...Have you read the Christian POV fanfic in this thread? It is very, very good.

I thought it was kmredd that recommended the fanfic? I am in her debt, it's so good!

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

I thought it was kmredd that recommended the fanfic? I am in her debt, it's so good!

Linda

Yes...she did! ugh, I haven't been paying attention. It is good. Off to read now! Am on Chapter 10. Very, very good.
kmredd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read it Xina. Isn't it great? You are very welcome Linda and thank you for the info on her sales. That is soo exciting!!! Good for her. I just want to hug her!
kmredd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.ranker.com/list/christian-grey-fantasy-casting/kate-kavanagh#.UBzz3ix_Rwg.twitter

I think Matt Boomer looks like him but I think he's gay. Sad
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
Have you guys seen this?

http://www.ranker.com/list/christian-grey-fantasy-casting/kate-kavanagh#.UBzz3ix_Rwg.twitter

I think Matt Bomer looks like him but I think he's gay. Sad

Wow, that's the first I've seen Matt beat out Ian in a Christian poll! Yeah, he's gay but I would have no problem with that as long as he does a good job acting and I think Matt Bomer could nail it.

Um...did someone seriously suggest Justin Timberlake? Shocked

Linda
janet w

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Matt Bomer could nail it Reply with quote

And I could give a toss about his orientation. So what. Still have a soft spot for unknown Oliver *something* Cohen ... I really want newbies for Christian and Ana.

p.s. Whoever shared the Christian POV fanfic, thanks! Really has the voice nailed.

Edited for grammar
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey look what I just got in my email!! I won a button, yay! LOL

Vintage Books & Anchor Books wants to let you know that you are the lucky winner of
our Fifty Shades Swag Sweepstakes!

Congratulations! You've been selected as one of the winners of the Fifty Shades Swag Sweepstakes.

In order to receive your promotional Fifty Shades of Grey button (1.25" diameter, with text reading "Laters, baby."), please email ******* with your mailing address no later than 11:59pm Eastern on August 7, 2012. Please be sure to specify in the email that you are a winner of the Fifty Shades Swag Sweepstakes.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Your friends at The Reading Group Center
http://reading-group-center.knopfdoubleday.com/

Note: Failure to respond by August 7, 2012 will result in the forfeiture of your prize.

Woot!

Linda

Last edited by Linda in sw va on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
kmredd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
kmredd wrote:
Have you guys seen this?

I think Matt Bomer looks like him but I think he's gay. Sad

Wow, that's the first I've seen Matt beat out Ian in a Christian poll! Yeah, he's gay but I would have no problem with that as long as he does a good job acting and I think Matt Bomer could nail it.

Um...did someone seriously suggest Justin Timberlake? Shocked

l inda
I know you're right Linda. I just hope it dosen't get in his way for getting the part.
xina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Timberlake....ugh. no...a 1,000x's no. no...
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fifty Shades" is mentioned in this article, but who cares! Hubba! Hubba!

Olympic Crush: Italian boxer Clemente Russo
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: