AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carol Goodman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monika

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Carol Goodman Reply with quote

I am a diehard fan of romance genre novels...
I have read THE LAKE OF DEAD LANGUAGES by this author ...i think 2-3 yrs back and I liked it...was a bit sad though...its more of mystery and very less romance...but I want to read her books now...and do you think I would br disappointed by her books ,me being a romance lunatic or should I give her books a try???
LynnS/AAR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mixed results with Goodman's novels. I liked one of her books, but the others I've read have all been a bit dull for me. They struck me as literary fiction/mystery hybrids that didn't entirely succeed in either genre. I actually reviewed one here at AAR: http://likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=6981

So, if you're looking for romance, you might want to try elsewhere. However, if you like mysteries (particularly mysteries with prep school or academia settings), you might enjoy her books.
MrsFairfax

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ghost Orchid had more romance, if I'm remembering it correctly. It involved a present day author visiting an estate in upstate NY to write about a 19th century medium who disappeared there under mysterious circumstances. I liked that one much better than Lake of Dead Languages or Arcadia Falls (which is pretty much the same book as Lake of Dead Languages). I couldn't even finish The Night Villa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: