AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigmama74

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: need help Reply with quote

search from another forum

orginal post :

I read a harlequin book awhile ago but forgot the title of the novel. Please help me find the book.

The book started out with the heroine working for the hero's father. The hero got into an accident and is temporarily unable to walk. The heroine helped the hero through this rough time and the two became friends. Then, after he was able to walk again, he got smitten with some beautiful girl and forgot all about her. When his dad died, he left a will that said that the heroine and the hero have to marry before the hero can inherit his fortune. And so, the hero and heroine entered a marriage of convenience. The hero mad it clear that the moment the term of the will is fulfilled, their marriage would be annulled (divorce) and he will marry his beautiful girl. Also, while the hero and the heroine were friends before, he became rude and cynical towards the heroine the moment after the will was read, calling her all kinds of horrible things.

Near the end of the book after he slapped her for the second time for saying the other woman's name she tells him to go. And then, while he's on the plane he realizes he doesn't love the other woman, but his wife. But he's too late because she left and had an accident and lost her baby and she blames him... but he didn't know about the accident or where she was so he's living like a recluse and she thinks he doesn't care.

For some reason the names Simon and Catherine stick out...
Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is definitely book by Margaret Pargeter but I cannot remember the title.

I'll look through my books.
Jenny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it!

It is THE ODDS AGAINST by Margaret Pargeter

Ever since his fiancee Petula Hogan had walked out on him to marry someone else, Carl Elliott had been a changed man, bitter and suspicious of all women - and Gail, who had loved him for years, was very worried about him. Nevertheless, had she done the right thing in agreeing to marry him? It was obvious that, although he found her attractive - wanted her, in fact - Carl didn't love her; not only that, hge would go running back to Petula if he ever got the chance! Could such a one-sided marriage �possibly work?

Happy reading!

Jenny Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: