AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pirates and Potpourri?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilsus

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Pirates and Potpourri? Reply with quote

I've been looking for this book for a couple of months.

The hero is possibly a pirate and has his new/future bride with him. I believe that they are sailing to England, when many get sick on board. His new wife and her companion (aunt maybe?) take care of the crew. The heroine and her aunt experiment with scents and they make candles,etc. to scent the rooms.

I know that the heroines hands are damaged and her aunt makes her a salve to fix them before she meets the Ton.

Any help would be great!
lilsus

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe her fiance is the captain. I know that they have to make an extra stop for food because their cook bought rancid food and spent the rest of the money on something else.

During the stop, her fiance sees her dancing with a gypsy and gets upset. She had given the gypsy's son some money--for food possibly. Plus her and her aunt had spent a ton of money in the perfumery for more experiments for her candles and things.
lilsus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that when they return home, there is a woman--possibly ex-mistress--that wants to cause trouble.

I know that since his current fiance loves to experiment with scents, she notices that this girl wears patchoulli and jasmine.

Does this ring any bells?
lilsus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this story and I believe that the ex-girlfriend/mistress her name was possibly Amanda.

The hero quite possibly was only the captain, not necessarily a pirate.
lilsus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to put this back at the top to see if anyone has any ideas about the name of this book.
BRN

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilsus, I've asked about this book elsewhere and I'll let you know if anyone has any idea what the book is, so stay tuned!
Jenny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the liberty of posting your book search here:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_ttp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdThread=TxAMIAAU5FZVQD

I hope someone can help.

Jenny
lilsus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Jenny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever found this?
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is it or not, but some of it sounds like Captain Sinister's Lady by Darlene Marshall.

Morgan Roberts, AKA Captain Sinister, dreams of leaving the sea and running away to farm, but when the Zephyr comes across a damaged ship wallowing in the Florida Straits, it's just too good an opportunity for any self-respecting privateer to pass up.

Amanda Stephenson is a widow traveling from Yorkshire to Charleston in the 1820's to set up her soap-making business. It's a grand adventure, just as she's always dreamed--until her ship is boarded by the crew of the Zephyr. Amanda's plans for her future do not include large, hairy, uncouth pirates.

Morgan Roberts has his work cut out for him, but he's prepared to try his most piratical tricks if it will convince the luscious widow to become Captain Sinister's Lady.
lilsus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found it yet! I don't think this is it because they were sailing to England rather than America.
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know this is very close to Julie Garwood's the Gift. Sara and Nathan. He is a captain. She gives the whole crew food poisoning. She is has her Aunt on board with her. And I do think she hurts her hands with the ropes. But no gypsies, as I recall. Maybe you have two stories combined, or as usual with Romance they are all takes on similar plots. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: