AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Heroine in which novel has this special ability?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MelissaRedCapMarie

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Which Heroine in which novel has this special ability? Reply with quote

Ok experts, need your wisdom here....there is a Heroine who has the special ability to see things in slow motion. She uses this ability especially during a fight sequence where the Hero swordfights with several villains. He would either share this ability or be familiar with supernatural powers.

What is the title of this novel? ack!
willaful

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a supernatural story, but the heroine of Lord of Midnight by Jo Beverley discovers that she shares this ability with the hero.
Nana

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also not this novel, but if you're interested in a supernatural story about a heroine with fighting powers, Kristin Cashore's Graceling is terrific.
willaful

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was remembering wrong -- it's not Lord of Midnight, it's Dark Champion.

"You saw it? Was it slow for you too?"

His eyes came alert. "It was slow for you?"

"Yes. Strangely slow. I couldn't understand it. It made every move so obvious, and people looked so stupid."

[some deleted]

"Let's pray our sons inherit it."

"It's a gift?"

"The most precious one a fighting man can have. The more urgent the fighting, the more it slows, so every move can be considered, every hazard avoided."

"Not everyone has this?"

"Not one in a thousand. Not one in a hundred thousand."

"It hardly seems fair," she said severely.
janet w

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: More JoBev medievals? Reply with quote

Willaful, I went to the JoBev website to read more about Dark Champion: I have all those books but it has been a while. While there I read that JoBev is writing a medieval, set in a slightly later time period ... and that she thinks she may make it into a trilogy.

I just wrote about Aimery's mother in Lord of My Heart for Mother's Day at Heroes and Hearts *a great book by the way*. I'd look forward to more medievals but I would REALLY like some new Rogue books!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: