AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Crusie's "Crazy people" - new short stori

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bijoux

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Jennifer Crusie's "Crazy people" - new short stori Reply with quote

Crusie has published a collection of 6 short stories connected to Crazy for You in e-form. They are either prequels or sequels to the novel. The stories are:
• “The Day My Sister Shot the Mailman and Got Away With It, Of Course”

• “Sleep Cure”

• “Meeting Harold’s Father”

• “Necessary Skills”

• “Just Wanted You To Know”

• “I Am At My Sister’s Wedding”
Quote:
But wait! There’s more! (No, you don’t get steak knives.)

Appendix A has the ABC writing exercise that was the precursor to “The Day My Sister Shot the Mailman” so you can see how a twenty-six sentence exercise turns into a full short story.

Appendix B has the shortened version of “Just Wanted You To Know” that appeared in Redbook Magazine. My agent said she was going to hire me out to do Reader’s Digest Condensed books after I cut half the story to meet the magazine’s word count.

Appendix C has the first chapter of Crazy For You from the proposal that St. Martin’s Press editor Jennifer Enderlin bought the book on. (It was called Dog Days in the proposal).

Appendix D has the published first chapter of Crazy For You, which is significantly different from the proposal chapter, showing how far off the mark my beginnings always are.

Quote:
Originally written as part of my master's thesis for a MFA in Fiction, these stories focus on three women, Quinn, Darla, and Stephanie, and their mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends. The stories have pretty much been gathering dust on my hard drive until the author-as-digital-publisher revolution hit, and it seemed like the time to resurrect Quinn and Zoë and Darla and Debbie and Meggy and Caroline again. So here they all are.

Who's Stephanie? I can't remember. Is she Bank Barbie/Slut?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: