AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Castaway Dreams - Darlene Marshall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minerva

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Castaway Dreams - Darlene Marshall Reply with quote

I highly recommend Darlene Marshall's Castaway Dreams. So far, this is my favorite historical romance of 2012.

Dr. Alexander Murray is a gruff Scotsman who is stranded with ditzy Daphne Farnham and her puppy-wuppy Pompom after their ship sinks.

If I had not liked Marshall's previous novel Sea Change, I doubt I would have picked this up. Ditzy, fluffy heroines are my least favorite characters to read. But Marshall shows how Dr. Murray and Daphne grow in strength and character in a completely believable way. Dr. Murray loosens up and grows younger while Daphne learns responsibility and grows up.

This is a fabulous character driven novel. Therefore my only quibble is at the end. The end is completely plot driven which is somewhat jarring given the pacing of the first two thirds of the book.
Danielle D

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get this book, I really enjoyed Sea Change.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Natalie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the doctor from the Sea Change (who was the heroine's mentor)?
Vol Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too loved Sea Change. Marshall is a fabulous writer. I ordered all her others too & really enjoyed them all. As soon as I saw on Twitter that this newest was on Kindle, I ordered it. I can't wait to get to it, but have to read some library books first because they need to be returned soon.
Rosie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying this book very much. I've read several "blah" books lately, and was really hoping to find something that would get me excited about reading again. I love when an author gives the characters time to get to know each other. That sounds like a no-brainer, but it's increasingly rare these days. So many books have me scratching my head wondering when the hell the H/h had time to fall in love or how they went from point A (strangers) to point B (HEA). This book, I'm having so much fun watching them fall in love and noting each little moment where they grow closer and the attraction builds.

This is just a delightful book and exactly what I was looking for.

I'll definitely be looking forward to reading Ms. Marshall's backlist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: