AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need title - British captain falls in love with French ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jenny

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Need title - British captain falls in love with French ... Reply with quote

Elsi says:

Hi everyone,

For a while I am searching for the book title of a book I have once read and enjoyed a lot. Maybe someone here can help.

Here is all I can remember:

I got this book from the library back then and I really really loved it, but I can neither remember the title nor the author or even the publisher.

The story went like this (well roughly):
There is this Captain (if I remember it right, he was British) and this aristocratic French girl. For some reason he visits her family for a dinner party, he takes interest in her and they have sex during the evening, they fall in love and see each other more often while he is there (not sure if he was staying as a guest of the family or was just near by), but he doesnít want to commit to it/her and goes back on his ship. I also seem to remember an argument between the captain and either the brother or the father of the girl, maybe even because of their relationship. But I am not sure how much of a secret the extend of their relationship was.
Of course he canít forget her during his ventures and wars on see and neither can she forget him.
I remember a passage where he was having a fight with at least another ship and I think it was somewhere near Scandinavia, the other ship fired canons and he checked whether he still had all his teeth left...
The French revolution starts and the girl has to flee. I think the father (and maybe a brother) were killed when the revolution hit the family's home. She flees with her sister and her mother, but it is not going well. At some point she even sells her hair, I think to be let in a town or to get help of some kind.
Meanwhile he changed his mind and starts looking for her and finally they find each other again at the end. I think there were riots or an execution in the town the women had fled to and where the captain finally found them.

And I think they fled south because there was some connection of the sister to a man there, but I am not so sure about that.

I think the author was a man.

That is all I can remember.
I have vague memories of the book cover, but I read it in German, so I am not sure of how much help that is. There was a ship on the cover and it was in brown and yellow tones and I read it as a hard cover.

Thank you all in advance,

Elsi Smile

This book sounds good so I hope you might be able to help.

Thank you very much.

Jenny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: