AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I adore Sarah MacLean!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
love2read

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: I adore Sarah MacLean! Reply with quote

And what is not to love? In her latest book, "A Rogue by Any Other Name", Penelope is perhaps my favorite historical heroine ever. And Bourne...well, you just love to hate him. Her books make me laugh out loud (boy can she write some banter between two characters!) and at the same time, they touch my heart. Penelope sitting on her trunk in the foyer of Bourne's townhouse on her wedding night tore me up. Her characters are intelligent and they worm their way inside your heart - I don't forget them. The historical's Lisa Kleypas wrote used to be my faves but I believe MacLean she has become my favorite historical author. Bring on more, more, more!
erhea13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved "Nine Rules to Break . . ." but the other two in the series left me somewhat cold. I loved Calpurnia. I so completely understood her and how she felt. I cried many times while reading that book. When Ralston begins to make it his mission to make her happy, I wanted to puck him out of the book and make him my very own.

Unfortunately, the romances in the other two fell flat for me. I think Nick got shortchanged by Isabel and that Simon is never worthy of Juliana (he drags her down by the end instead of her dragging him up . . . he starts out a jackass and end up a jackass).

I haven't read MacLean's new one, but I am thinking about it. If she comes up with more unconventional romance characters like Callie, then she will get me totally on-board.
Islandgirl2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear because I'm giving that book a shot Nine Rules to Break when Romancing a Rake at the moment. Wink
LordRose

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read A Rogue by Any Other Name, and it wasn't bad.

But there was one thing that really bothered me.

There were far, far too many one sentence paragraphs.

I'm okay with one or two every now and then.

But this book had entire pages of nothing but one sentence paragraphs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: