AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for title- Historic Victorian Romance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romantic glutton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Looking for title- Historic Victorian Romance Reply with quote

I'm hoping this tidbit of the story jumps out to someone because it's so unusual.

The heroine is at a soiree/gathering and is snooping where she shouldn't be. At some point she hears someone coming and in terror of being found she climbs beneath the bed to hide. To her dismay and mortification, it's a couple who was coming to have a tryst. They are having a conversation that reveals way more than the heroine should know- like who they are/ their relationship. I believe they have relations on the bed above her, and in her innocence, she's blushing to the roots.

Bring to mind anything?
delia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazzled by Catherine Hart opens with the heroine snooping for baubles to steal during a party. She has to hide under the bed when an amorous couple decides to use the room. Is this it?

http://www.fictiondb.com/author/catherine-hart~dazzled~17756~b.htm
xina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I've read this, but it was in the beginning of my romance novel reading. Is this a Sabrina Jeffries title?
bigmama74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not Victorian but could it be this?

MADE FOR MISCHIEF by Regina Carlysle

All she really wanted was one naughty night before returning to her life as a sheltered country spinster! Crawling beneath a bed in London’s most notorious brothel was beyond the pale, even for known eccentric Arabella Spencer. Little did she imagine that lust, desire, and yes, love was just within her grasp. When Grayson St. James, Lord Mercer, newly returned from fighting Napoleon, dragged a squirming, dusty bluestocking from beneath his bed, he was…well..aghast! She wanted adventure, did she? She wanted to learn about sex, did she? He was just the man to teach her! As a vow of vengeance and a case of mistaken identity unite Grayson and Arabella in a common goal, the dour Lord Mercer finds himself laughing for the first time in longer than he can recall but will an unknown threat bring them together or tear their world apart?
romantic glutton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately... it's neither the Dazzled one or the Mischief one. I'll check out Sabrina Jeffries older romances though. THANK YOU!
dick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be one of Amanda Quick's?
xina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for title- Historic Victorian Romance Reply with quote

romantic glutton wrote:
I'm hoping this tidbit of the story jumps out to someone because it's so unusual.

The heroine is at a soiree/gathering and is snooping where she shouldn't be. At some point she hears someone coming and in terror of being found she climbs beneath the bed to hide. To her dismay and mortification, it's a couple who was coming to have a tryst. They are having a conversation that reveals way more than the heroine should know- like who they are/ their relationship. I believe they have relations on the bed above her, and in her innocence, she's blushing to the roots.

Bring to mind anything?

Just one question. The couple on the bed? Is he later the hero?
I will think on this today. I just know I have read it. If it comes to me, I'll be sure to post.
romantic glutton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I'm pretty sure about is that the man on the bed having the tryst is NOT the hero. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's the "villain" of the story and the woman he is with is too. I'm also somewhat certain the heroine tells the hero about it later.
Trish B

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it ages ago, so I'm not sure my memory is on target, but could it be EDUCATING CAROLINE by Patricia Cabot?
daisymau

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds familiar. Wasn't the hero's fiance the one who was having the tryst of the bed? If I remember right, the guy the fiance was having the tryst with was the enemy of the hero.
bigmama74

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDUCATING CAROLINE by Patricia Cabot
romantic glutton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, not Educating Caroline. The man having the tryst on the bed is not her fiance or the H. And I'm fairly certain this book came out in the 90's... before Educating Caroline. UGH! So frustrating! I've been looking for years.

And yes, the guy having the tryst may very have been an enemy to the hero. I also "think" the H MAY have been American. I didn't put that into the original post as I'm not positive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: