AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shadow Woman By Linda Howard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlotteJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Shadow Woman By Linda Howard Reply with quote

I just saw something online about a book called Shadow Woman by Linda Howard and the release date is September 2012.

I can't find any information about the storyline though. Does anyone know what this book is about?

TIA.

[it looks like the alternate title is Over The Edge.]
library addict

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piatkus has a short blurb, but no real info
Quote:
In this new novel, Linda Howard masterful combines exciting suspense with sizzling romance, where a spirited woman and a sexily rugged man form an uneasy alliance, daring to meet danger-and their growing attraction-head on.

Delivering all the romance, suspense, action, and passion that fans have come to expect from one of romance's most beloved writers, this new Linda Howard novel is her most entrancing yet.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the blurb from Fantastic Fiction:

Quote:
Linda Howard's new novel is filled to the brim with heart-stoppingsuspense and intrigue, as one woman's search for answers takes a dangerous turn . . .

Lizette Henry wakes up one morning and doesn't recognise the reflection staring back at her in the mirror. She isn't suffering from amnesia; she remembers who she is, what she did the day before, her parents, where she grew up - everything. But who she is, is not who she sees. Alarmed, she begins searching her house for something - anything - that will match what she remembers. There is nothing. And yet there is nothing in her life that seems abnormal, except herself. She could be crazy, but her instincts are telling her this isn't the case. Some women might make an appointment with a psychiatrist, but Zette isn't 'some women.' Deep inside she knows she isn't the face in the mirror, and that she has to find out the truth, before it's too late . . .

maggie b.
graceC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this, Ladies! She's an autobuy for me still.
CharlotteJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for these blurbs!

The book sounds interesting- I love a lot of Linda Howard's older books but passed on Prey. But this one sounds intriguing Smile
erika

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for providing the blurb. Its been a long time since I've read LH and the blurb has me very intrigued. Hope the romance is very strong!
AngieMB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She has another book coming out in November, "Running Wild: The Men from Battle Ridge", with Linda Jones. I've been seeing it, but I had thought it was a reprint of one of her earlier books. It's a contemporary western, and I'm very much looking forward to reading it.

In book 1 of this steamy new contemporary Western romance series by two blockbuster authors, a cowboy and a woman on the run take a stand and fight for love.

Carlin Reed lives in fear, off the grid, moving from place to place. So Battle Ridge, Wyoming, a small town in the middle of nowhere, seems like a good place to lie low for a while. But after becoming cook and housekeeper to cattle rancher Zeke Decker, Carlin suspects that she’s made her first mistake. Rugged, sexy, and too distracting for his own good, Zeke is pure temptation mixed with something deep and primal that makes Carlin feel almost safe. Soon things are getting way too hot in the kitchen.

Zeke doesn’t challenge Carlin’s terms: cash, dead bolts, and no questions. It is easy to see that she’s a woman in trouble. Problem is, he’s so blindsided by his attraction to her he can’t think straight. Zeke tries to stay all business, no complications—but that game plan is sabotaged the second Carlin gets under his skin. And when her terrifying past follows her to the ranch, Carlin faces a heartbreaking choice: run away from the man she loves, or put him in the crosshairs of a madman.
xina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

graceC wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Ladies! She's an autobuy for me still.

Me too.
Wendy AAR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngieMB wrote:
Carlin Reed lives in fear, off the grid, moving from place to place. So Battle Ridge, Wyoming, a small town in the middle of nowhere, seems like a good place to lie low for a while. But after becoming cook and housekeeper to cattle rancher Zeke Decker...

Zeke Decker. Are there never any cattle ranchers named Malcolm, or Francis?
chiricahuagal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wendydfw wrote:

Zeke Decker. Are there never any cattle ranchers named Malcolm, or Francis?

Not any who will admit it! Their mommas mighta named 'em that, but they go by Buck or Bo/Beau or Trey or Jett. What cowboy could respect "Malcolm"?? Too many syllables. LOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: