AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kristen Ashley, have you read her?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynda X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREATHE also available on Amazon.
Danielle D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane A wrote:
Danielle D wrote:
Are all of her books written in first person point of view? I'm not a fan of First POV.

I think her ghosts series is third person POV. (You can look on her website to see her series and titles.) And most of her other books contain other people's POV to one degree or another.

Thanks Jane!

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Lynda X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle D., BREATHE has chapters written from the point of view of the hero and heroine. I am about 1/3 through with it, and I like it. I suggest you download the first few chapters of any of her books, but especially the ones that people have mentioned here. If you like them, you would like Ashley.
Danielle D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynda X wrote:
Danielle D., BREATHE has chapters written from the point of view of the hero and heroine. I am about 1/3 through with it, and I like it. I suggest you download the first few chapters of any of her books, but especially the ones that people have mentioned here. If you like them, you would like Ashley.

Thanks Lynda, willl do!

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Kayne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Breathe Reply with quote

I think Breathe is my new Favorite Kristin Ashley book. I really liked the lead characters. It was also fun to see some characters from the Rock Chick series show up. I liked the massive epilogue. I see Graham Reese will be a lead in her next story in this series. He is from her book, For You. He was an old boyfriend of February and targeted for murder.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading The Gamble and it's a cute and fun story but I swear if she says 'Sorry?' or 'I'm sorry?' one more time I'm going to scream, and I'm not yet half way through!

Linda
Lillian Sulivan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaime wrote:
The funny thing is that all the things that usually bother me in self-published works like spotty editing and grammar didn't bother me here.

Being able to read through/past that sort of thing has become a necessary skill to enjoy reading, and not just for self-published works. There were grammatical errors and typos in the last Nora Roberts book I read. Welcome to the new era of publishing.

Best,
Lilly
Jane A

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I'm reading The Gamble and it's a cute and fun story but I swear if she says 'Sorry?' or 'I'm sorry?' one more time I'm going to scream, and I'm not yet half way through!

Linda

I never noticed that! But I hate it when something like that pops up and then I can't help but focus on it everytime it's mentioned. Now if I re-read it will it drive me crazy? Laughing
csmiley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane A wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:

Linda

I never noticed that! But I hate it when something like that pops up and then I can't help but focus on it everytime it's mentioned. Now if I re-read it will it drive me crazy? Laughing

Thanks to the board I just read The Gamble and really enjoyed the story but I can't get over all the aint's! Nina is a lawyer and am surprised it didn't make her cringe! I just downloaded the second in the series.
Jane A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as repetitive use of a word, I think the one that bothers me the most is the use of the f-word. I'm not particularly sensitive to that word, have even been known to use it occasionally, but her usage is over the top. All the guys in her books, from young men to old manage to use it with great regularity. Gets pretty ridiculous, IMO.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csmiley wrote:
Thanks to the board I just read The Gamble and really enjoyed the story but I can't get over all the aint's! Nina is a lawyer and am surprised it didn't make her cringe! I just downloaded the second in the series.

That's funny, I haven't even noticed the 'aints' and Jane said she hasn't noticed the 'I'm sorry?' Interesting that it's something different that catches our eye.

I notice her heroines like to say Pardon? a lot as well but for some reason that doesn't bother me as much as I'm sorry? . I want to tell her to stop apologizing already!

I'm looking forward to Creed's book, next in the Unfinished Hero series, I think I have read that it will be out late summer so that's not far off.

Linda
erika

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished reading Breathe and it was good. So glad there was no back up guy for the heroine to lust after and smex. Its a good thing I watched all those Scifi shows cause I wasn't distracted by the refrences especially frak.
I'm also looking forward to the next Unfinished heroes book. Hopefully the heroine is more like Faye!!
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erika, what's Faye like? You have me curious, I'm still on The Gamble.

Linda
erika

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Erika, what's Faye like? You have me curious, I'm still on The Gamble.

Linda

She is a bit shy, a geek and average heroine still a virgin at 29 because she hasn't found the right guy and her mind the hero is that guy. She crushed on him when she was 16 and never got over it. What's unique is she decided to take care of her own pleasure while single...don't come across that at all at least I haven't. Her quirks is her scifi love. She works it into conversations. I thought it was amusing.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:
[She is a bit shy, a geek and average heroine still a virgin at 29 because she hasn't found the right guy and her mind the hero is that guy. She crushed on him when she was 16 and never got over it. What's unique is she decided to take care of her own pleasure while single...don't come across that at all at least I haven't. Her quirks is her scifi love. She works it into conversations. I thought it was amusing.

Ah I see, she sounds like a heroine I will enjoy. I also love it when a hero and heroine has known each other for so long and one had a crush on the other early.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: