AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kristen Ashley, have you read her?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
So I said to my husband last night "You feel me?" and he was like..what the hell are you talking about.... Laughing

Linda...Currently enjoying Wild Man

That is so funny. I just finished Wild Man. Some of her phrasing takes some getting use to. There was so a lot going on between the extended family of the h and H. They were about the busiest couple I have read. I am currently reading Lady Luck to get ready for Chase and the librarian's book hopefully to come out soon.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
[That is so funny. I just finished Wild Man. Some of her phrasing takes some getting use to. There was so a lot going on between the extended family of the h and H. They were about the busiest couple I have read. I am currently reading Lady Luck to get ready for Chase and the librarian's book hopefully to come out soon.

Yeah I'm noticing that the pace feels a bit frenetic. So is Lady Luck the first of a series?

Linda
Jane A

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Yeah I'm noticing that the pace feels a bit frenetic. So is Lady Luck the first of a series?
Linda

Lady Luck is the third in the Colorado Mountain series. The previous ones are The Gamble and Sweet Dreams, in that order. Those two books are actually my favorites of hers.
Jane A

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, if you get onto Smashwords you can read substantial excerpts from her books. I have to say that's what hooked me, though because of her rather unpolished writing it may have the opposite effect on some! Laughing
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane A wrote:
BTW, if you get onto Smashwords you can read substantial excerpts from her books. I have to say that's what hooked me, though because of her rather unpolished writing it may have the opposite effect on some! Laughing

Jane, yeah, probably a good idea to read excerpts as her heroes are so rough around the edges, as well as the language.

I am liking that the heroine in Wild Man is my age, 43. Smile

Linda
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Very highly recommended! Reply with quote

I have been on a Kristen Ashley glom but just found one I couldn't finish. There was no warning in any of the Amazon reviews but there was infidelity IMO. Others might say, they were on a break (like in the old show, Friends) but it was a night with one guy (H) and the next with another and then the next night back with the H. Then I found myself liking guy number two a lot more than the H. There were a lot of sad things happening in the story with some murdered family members, addict ex wife, and the h spending way too much time talking with friends trying to pick which guy was the right one for her. I finally gave up on it because it was depressing. Yikes. Now I am feeling a little apprehensive about reading more of her back list. I might wait for her new ones to come out.
erika

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Very highly recommended! Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
I have been on a Kristen Ashley glom but just found one I couldn't finish. There was no warning in any of the Amazon reviews but there was infidelity IMO. Others might say, they were on a break (like in the old show, Friends) but it was a night with one guy (H) and the next with another and then the next night back with the H. Then I found myself liking guy number two a lot more than the H. There were a lot of sad things happening in the story with some murdered family members, addict ex wife, and the h spending way too much time talking with friends trying to pick which guy was the right one for her. I finally gave up on it because it was depressing. Yikes. Now I am feeling a little apprehensive about reading more of her back list. I might wait for her new ones to come out.

Fyi, I asked the "cheating"(?) question on another message board and was told in the Rock Chick series there is a back up guy for all the heroines. This happened in At Last as well. I'm not a big fan of this trope so I'm quite cautious when buying a KA and look for as many spoilers as possible.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Very highly recommended! Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:

Which book is this? That sounds like one to avoid, I've been avoiding the Rock Chick books because Erika warned me about the heroines having multiple sexual partners. Please tell me it's not from the Dream Man series as I've bought them all, lol

Linda
Kayne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Very highly recommended! Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Which book is this? That sounds like one to avoid, I've been avoiding the Rock Chick books because Erika warned me about the heroines having multiple sexual partners. Please tell me it's not from the Dream Man series as I've bought them all, lol
Linda

This was At Peace from the 'Burg Series. I was worried this might be in spoiler territory but its the kind of thing I like to know before purchasing. I think I've read and enjoyed all of the Dream Man series and don't remember running into this issue with those. I don't think I'll try the Rock Series either. Thanks Erica for the heads up. I'm thinking about trying The Gamble but when I read the sample it seemed like it was mainly the h and H arguing with each other and it was a pretty long sample.
Lynda X

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished KNIGHT a couple of nights ago. Whew! What a book! Talk about erotic! In books, I like dominant men; in real life, not. Isn't it interesting that often in fiction, we like what we don't like in real life. However, this book is about the guiltiest pleasure I've ever had because Knight in real life would be a terrible abuser. His control over everything, not just his sex life, and his domination would make him who would be very, very dangerous, especially to the people he loved. And his secret which we discover would make him even more unlikely to be a stable husband and father, IMO. So, as I was reading, I was thinking all these things, thinking that this book should not be read by anyone who is prone to getting in abusive relationships because it makes them so compelling, so attractive by concentrating on how much Knight loves the heroine. Kristen Ashley does an excellent job, IMO, in showing a rough world that is not too often the focus of a book.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Very highly recommended! Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
[This was At Peace from the 'Burg Series. I was worried this might be in spoiler territory but its the kind of thing I like to know before purchasing. I think I've read and enjoyed all of the Dream Man series and don't remember running into this issue with those. I don't think I'll try the Rock Series either. Thanks Erica for the heads up. I'm thinking about trying The Gamble but when I read the sample it seemed like it was mainly the h and H arguing with each other and it was a pretty long sample.

I'm glad to know, thank you!

On Gamble, I strongly dislike H&H that constantly argue books so I may steer clear of this one too. So far with KA's books I"ve been enjoying the fact that her H&H usually don't do this.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies I have really hit a road bump with Wild Man, I'm in the 600's of 900 or so pages and I can't seem to finish. This one has lagged for me and I missed the humor of the first. I'm thinking I may just have to skim on to the end and go to the next.

Linda
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Ladies I have really hit a road bump with Wild Man, I'm in the 600's of 900 or so pages and I can't seem to finish. This one has lagged for me and I missed the humor of the first. I'm thinking I may just have to skim on to the end and go to the next.

Linda

I'm having the same problem with Wild Man. It doesn't seem to have the pep or sensuality of Mystery Man. Maybe I'll skim to the end as well.

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
Kayne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like Wild Man got sagged down with the logistics and details of their busy lives. I felt the same way when I read Nora Roberts 1st book in her Inn series, The Next Always. The H and his brothers are busy restoring in the Inn, the h had a bookstore and three kids. There lives were really busy and it became exhausting to read and imagine what all they were doing.

Has anyone read her new one, Motorcycle Man? I didn't like the H much in the beginning for several reasons, the biggest being that I he seemed like he was still hung up on another girl (I think it was Gwen from Mystery Man which IMO was a good story). As Motorcycle Man went on, I liked Tack and his kids more, but this wasn't one of my favorites of hers. It was hard for me to imagine him in a house in Genesee. It was nice to see Tack have an HEA though. I see his daughter will have her story coming out this summer.

Her website says she has a new book, Lucky Stars coming out June 22nd.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started Knight last night. I don't know what to think. LOL! More later.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: