AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Continued Fifty Shades of Grey discussion E L James
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janet w

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Been down the bandwagon path before ... spoilers Reply with quote

I rely on goodreads as one of the pillars of my "should I buy" tool kit. Katiebabs gave Bared to You a DNF. Of course, Like DA, and most of romland, she wasn't too impressed with Fifty Shades, feeling that the subject had been better written about elsewhere. I bought Bared to You but I'm feeling that stampeded feeling (when EVERYONE recommends a book and I buy it and then just can't get the love). I'm guessing Bared won't come close to appealing to me on the visceral level that Fifty did.

Anyhow, go to goodreads and read Katiebabs for yourself but here's a snippet which gives you a flavour. Must add that Katiebabs is a straight-from-the-hip blogger/reviewer and I've learned tons about YA from her blog!

DNFed half way through. [] Also the writing seems disjointed and stilted at times. Had a hard time following. Seems way too much like Fifty Shades and makes me think the author jumped on the Fifty Shades bandwagon.
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have maxed out another Fifty Shades discussion! Once we reach around 225 posts, some of our users experience difficulty loading the thread.

I've started a new thread - Fifty Shades #3 - The Discussion Continues

http://www.likesbooks.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=125280#125280

This thread is locked to further posts.

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: