AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lisa Kleypas: DREAMLAKE excerpt
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Lisa Kleypas: DREAMLAKE excerpt Reply with quote

http://www.lisakleypas.com/bookdreamlake.asp

I am looking forward to this one. Smile
bijoux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ghost actually doesn't sound that bad. And him leaving the house to follow Alex is a new development. I thought he was just there but only Alex could see him. Still, I'm not really sure how necessary he is. Alex seems to have quite a story regardless of the ghost's presence. I really want to find out what happened to him when he was growing up. The parental abuse in Mark and Sam's books was vaguely described, but it was hinted more than once that Alex caught the worst of it since he was the youngest and caught the brunt of their growing addiction.
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bijoux wrote:
The ghost actually doesn't sound that bad. And him leaving the house to follow Alex is a new development. I thought he was just there but only Alex could see him. Still, I'm not really sure how necessary he is. Alex seems to have quite a story regardless of the ghost's presence. I really want to find out what happened to him when he was growing up. The parental abuse in Mark and Sam's books was vaguely described, but it was hinted more than once that Alex caught the worst of it since he was the youngest and caught the brunt of their growing addiction.

I admit I like the ghost angle better than the glass magic thing in the previous book. And Alex clearly is the much more troubled brother, which does make sense if he was exposed to their parents at their worst. Considering the family history both Mark and Sam come across as quite well-adjusted to me.
Charina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if she's ever going to go back to writing historicals and more romantic books?

I'm missing her larger than life heroes and steamy love scenes. But more than that, just her story telling.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like ghosts in books, more so than 'magic' so I think this might work for me!

Linda
Nicole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think the ghost plot will turn out much better than the glass magic stuff. I'm super excited for this book.
chilie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to this one too. rainshadow rd was a 3 star for me, but from the few glimpses of the H & h, dreamlake makes me hopefull.
pd89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Dreamlake Reply with quote

Well to be honest, i found rainshadow road not as good as her other contemparies.
Hopefull Alex and the girl(i forgot her name) seem to have a hate-love reaction, so maybe this 1 will have the spice that is associated with LK
cdnreader

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the excerpt. I'm really looking forward to Alex and Zoe's story. I didn't really like the "magical realism" in Rainshadow Road, but from what I read I don't mind the ghost so far.
Marilyn.K

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't care for the glass magic in LK's previous book but I read a small excerpt at the end for this new one and I'm really looking forward to it.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds wonderful. I've always liked LK's contemporary voice. And I love the cover. Just gorgeous.
alivings07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! The excerpt definitely got me hooked -- Alex has the real making of a good hero. I can't wait for more of him! And the ghost thing is so much better than the glass magic thing.

But, this is going to be a quartet... so who is the last book going to be about? Justine, the other B&B-er?
bijoux

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspected since the first book that the last one would be Holly's dad's. Man, if they brought him in as a hero, there'd be all sorts of great tension already built in. Particularly since Mark is already her dad for all intents and purposes.
cdnreader

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa said in an interview the final book would be about Justine and mysterious visiter to the island named Jason. But here is the cover from Amazon
http://www.amazon.ca/Crystal-Cove-Lisa-Kleypas/dp/1250011752

Just an FYI Goodreads is giving away 10 ARCs of Dream Lake deadline to enter is Monday April 30th and its only open to US residents. Already over a 1000 entries but never hurts to throw your name in there.

Looking forward to August and reading Zoe and Alex's story.
cdnreader

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.heroesandheartbreakers.com/blogs/2012/06/read-a-win-lisa-kleypass-dream-lake

The first three chapters are availabe at this site and a chance to win a copy.

Thank goodness we don't have to wait too much longer to read this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: