AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lover Reborn....Thoughts (spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moriah Jovan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know NOTHING about this series and I have no interest in it and I don't even know why I clicked on the post except I'm diligently avoiding work.

But this:

Quote:
Quote:
Why have a question mark when you can just not have one."

"How could you do that to me."

Tore me up.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesBadBoys wrote:
Quote:
There is supposed to be a Wrath/Beth novella, too. Maybe that is why I am so anxious for them. Those would have to revisit the Brothers that we love! And, in my opinion, Blay and Qhuinn have been upped to a book. Or maybe that is just a hope. Guess we will know tomorrow!

Yes, Blaylock and Qhuinn have enough other people involved in their storyline to warrant a full book. Layla/Xcor, Saxton, John Matthew, and even the mystery of what happened to Qhuinn's brother when he was taken by Lash.

Why will we know tomorrow?Is Ward releasing some news soon?

Yes. At the book signing tomorrow, she is announcing who the next book will be. It will be posted on her facebook page once someone asks her that question at the book signing.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesBadBoys wrote:
Quote:
There is supposed to be a Wrath/Beth novella, too. Maybe that is why I am so anxious for them. Those would have to revisit the Brothers that we love! And, in my opinion, Blay and Qhuinn have been upped to a book. Or maybe that is just a hope. Guess we will know tomorrow!

Yes, Blaylock and Qhuinn have enough other people involved in their storyline to warrant a full book. Layla/Xcor, Saxton, John Matthew, and even the mystery of what happened to Qhuinn's brother when he was taken by Lash.

FYI - Blay and Qhuinn are CONFIRMED as the next hardcover release!!!!! YEAH!!!
Jane A

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read this series in ages, I was one of the readers who bailed after Jane and the ghost thing. But I remember Tor and I have a bit of a problem with him moving on after Wellsie's death. Aren't these guys supposed to be mated for life? Doesn't Tor's ability to move on lessen that intense bond that say Wrath has for Beth? When I read those earlier books I'd had less exposure to the soulmate for life thing that is so prevalent now, but I remember Ward really impressing on the reader the strength and importance of that bond. So it seems to me Tor finding a new mate (and what the heck kind of name is No'One anyway??) dilutes the idea of that fated mate bond. Is that addressed in this book?
MEK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the book nonstop and it was certainly mesmerizing! For me the series is a giant soap opera that I can peek in on from time to time. I thought Ward did a great job of moving the action forward and balancing the plot lines, and I certainly understand how Xcor and the BoB needs to become a new focus. There is only so much you can do with the same original characters (sadly!!) since they are all mated. Assail was interesting!

I wish I had been able to buy into Tohr and No'One's HEA a bit more. I was doing OK until the needing. Their big fight near the end was so harsh, it was hard for me to recover from that! Yowser! I was hard pressed to trust Tohr's declaration of love after what he said during that fight. I could relate to No'One's motivations for the relationship better and did not see her as a "user" (although she certainly had the piety thing going), but I did see Tohr that way (as a user - not good motives for being in the relationship), especially after what he said.

Others have mentioned a lack of presence of the brothers, but I thought they were present in many ways such as the Fade Ceremony.

Overall I liked this book much more than recent ones. I don't know if I'll stick with the series, but I say that every d*** time!!
MEK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

accidental double post

Last edited by MEK on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
LikesBadBoys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LouiseAAR wrote:
LikesBadBoys wrote:
Quote:

FYI - Blay and Qhuinn are CONFIRMED as the next hardcover release!!!!! YEAH!!!

Finally! Thanks for the tip about her announcing it on Facebook, Louise. It was such a pleasant surprise to have her let us know this early. Now I can look forward to hearing snippets about how that book is coming along after she finishes marketing this one. If she releases the short stories before the hardcover B&Q book in 2013, this is going to be a good year for BDB fans.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesBadBoys wrote:

Finally! Thanks for the tip about her announcing it on Facebook, Louise. It was such a pleasant surprise to have her let us know this early. Now I can look forward to hearing snippets about how that book is coming along after she finishes marketing this one. If she releases the short stories before the hardcover B&Q book in 2013, this is going to be a good year for BDB fans.

According to the reports from the signing, Rhage and mary's novella is nearly complete, Wrath and Beth's is not, but neither will come out until after B&Q. My interpretation is that the novellas will not come out together. Maybe they will be ebook novellas or something like that. The next Insider's Guide won't be for three or four more books (which means years) so I doubt the novellas will be in there. Best case would be that she releases the two novellas together next summer, but I am doubtful of it. Smile
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane A wrote:
I haven't read this series in ages, I was one of the readers who bailed after Jane and the ghost thing. But I remember Tor and I have a bit of a problem with him moving on after Wellsie's death. Aren't these guys supposed to be mated for life? Doesn't Tor's ability to move on lessen that intense bond that say Wrath has for Beth? When I read those earlier books I'd had less exposure to the soulmate for life thing that is so prevalent now, but I remember Ward really impressing on the reader the strength and importance of that bond. So it seems to me Tor finding a new mate (and what the heck kind of name is No'One anyway??) dilutes the idea of that fated mate bond. Is that addressed in this book?

The whole mated bond thing is sort of addressed in this book Apparently the pain is enough that you are messed up for a long, long time but you can indeed love again.

I didn't buy the HEA at all and I liked No'One a whole heck of a lot less than I did Wellsie. I am glad this is the last brotherhood book. It will be the last in the series that I read.

maggie b.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggie b. wrote:
Jane A wrote:

The whole mated bond thing is sort of addressed in this book Apparently the pain is enough that you are messed up for a long, long time but you can indeed love again.

I didn't buy the HEA at all and I liked No'One a whole heck of a lot less than I did Wellsie. I am glad this is the last brotherhood book. It will be the last in the series that I read.

maggie b.

It is not the last in the series, Maggie. Totally understand if you are done with it, but I don't want someone to read this and think it is the last. She has just announced the next book - due out in 2013 - will be Blay and Qhuinn. Right now, the series is open ended.
LikesBadBoys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the BDB series still has a lot of mileage if they are going to create separate stories for characters like Xcor, Throe, and Assail. Since Lassiter the angel has mostly been in the BDB realm, I wonder if his story will be an installation of the Angel series or if he'll be involved with someone in the BDB world.

In any event, I'm pretty sure I am going to have to reread Lover Reborn. I read so fast that I am now confused. I don't remember where Assail came from and I wonder if he has any ties to Xhex's ex Muhrder, who was going to make an appearance at some point.

Did anyone else think that it was really weird that Payne was pretty much absent during this book? It just seems so strange that Manny appears quite a few times, but Payne only surfaces in a reference to her fighting in the field. And speaking of absent women, I kind of miss the Scribe Virgin. I hope she appears in the Blaylock/Qhuinn book.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, I meant to say the last of the original Brothers, not the last of the series! Yikes, how could I have done a mistype of such grand proportions???? My apologies to all.

Sheesh, I can't believe I did that Embarassed

maggie b.
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesBadBoys wrote:
Yes, the BDB series still has a lot of mileage if they are going to create separate stories for characters like Xcor, Throe, and Assail. Since Lassiter the angel has mostly been in the BDB realm, I wonder if his story will be an installation of the Angel series or if he'll be involved with someone in the BDB world.

In any event, I'm pretty sure I am going to have to reread Lover Reborn. I read so fast that I am now confused. I don't remember where Assail came from and I wonder if he has any ties to Xhex's ex Muhrder, who was going to make an appearance at some point.

Did anyone else think that it was really weird that Payne was pretty much absent during this book? It just seems so strange that Manny appears quite a few times, but Payne only surfaces in a reference to her fighting in the field. And speaking of absent women, I kind of miss the Scribe Virgin. I hope she appears in the Blaylock/Qhuinn book.

I was going to answer all your questions, but that would be really cumbersome. Easier to do this! Smile

http://thewindowseat13.blogspot.com/2012/03/next-black-dagger-brotherhood-book-jr.html

That is a transcript of the Cincinnati signing and most of your questions have an answer!

Last edited by LouiseAAR on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
LouiseAAR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggie b. wrote:
OMG, I meant to say the last of the original Brothers, not the last of the series! Yikes, how could I have done a mistype of such grand proportions???? My apologies to all.

Sheesh, I can't believe I did that Embarassed

maggie b.

No worries, Maggie! I just didn't want any false rumors started! Smile
Jane A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggie b. wrote:

maggie b.

Thanks for the response. And I have to say, IMHO, that seems like a big cop out, and not the first one she's made. I notice Ward will lay down unequivocal rules and then take them back where convenient. Personally, I found this quite annoying and it's one of the reasons I've moved on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: