AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Titanic Affair by Amanda Grange

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amanda Grange

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Titanic Affair by Amanda Grange Reply with quote

My 2004 hardback novel, Titanic Affair, has just been reissued for the Kindle with a new cover design. It's a historical romance set on board Titanic.

http://www.amazon.com/Titanic-Affair-ebook/dp/B007IJ1QUY/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1332353564&sr=1-1

When writing the novel, I wanted to make sure that I presented an accurate view of life on board Titanic as well as providing a detailed account of the disaster and its aftermath. I researched it carefully from contemporary newspaper articles, survivorsí accounts and official documents, to provide an authentic backdrop for the romance.

Review
"This is a well-crafted and fast moving story. Using the setting of the maiden voyage of the Titanic takes a degree of courage on the part of any author and in this case it paid off. I was delighted to find a fresh slant on the well-known events of the tragic voyage. What stands out is the excellent use of historical detail such as the Crown Derby china, the electric horse, the Oxford marmalade and the author's ability to blend in real passengers like Mr Bruce Ismay, the chairman of the White Star Line, with her fictional characters in a seamless manner".- Myfanwy Cook, Historical Novel Society

You can read an extract here:
http://www.amandagrange.com/ta.html

I hope it will interest anyone who wants to know more about the Titanic disaster, as well as fans of historical romance.

Amanda Grange
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Writer's News Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: