AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Monkees Fans?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngieMB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Any Monkees Fans? Reply with quote

Just logged onto Yahoo to check my email and saw the news that Davy Jones died today of a massive heart attack. I'm in shock. I loved, loved the Monkees, and Davy was my favorite. Can't believe he's gone, and only 66 years old.
goldberry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I remember watching first run Monkees episodes the first thing I think of when I think of him is Marcia Brady. Very Happy

RIP, Davy.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the Monkees and absolutely adored Davy Jones. He was my favorite from the time I can remember. I still have Monkees songs on my ipod. I was so sad to see the news yesterday. I remember how delighted I was when the first Brady Bunch movie came out to see him pop up in the film! 66 years old is too young to go.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've always been contrary, my favorite Monkee was Mickey Dolenz. (he was cuter back then, but weren't we all??). Davy was the "cute one" of the Monkees just like Paul from the Beatles, and I always love John more. Sad to see the news of Davy Jones.
Vol Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina, I too, am in the contrary group. I loved Peter best. His humor would get me every time. Though I too loved Davy, but Peter was my favorite.

Showing my age here, but I loved the Monkees. One of my first dates with my now/still hubby was when he took me to one of their concerts in Memphis, TN. I was sooooo excited!

RIP. Too young to go.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vol Fan wrote:
xina, I too, am in the contrary group. I loved Peter best. His humor would get me every time. Though I too loved Davy, but Peter was my favorite.

Showing my age here, but I loved the Monkees. One of my first dates with my now/still hubby was when he took me to one of their concerts in Memphis, TN. I was sooooo excited!

RIP. Too young to go.

Oh, I liked Peter too, but he was little too quiet. Mickey was a little crazy acting. Hmmm...I don't know what that says about me. Well, the younger me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: