AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amairwyn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I ever get my college degree (in russian and women's studies), I hope to work as an interpreter. Very Happy

Right now, I'm unemployed, thanks to the economy. Rolling Eyes
To flee from my ivory tower"

Enter- Within Temptation
sanalayla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current job: Business Manager/Acting Assistant Director for an academic ethics center.

Dream job: Getting a PhD in Literature and writing a dissertation on either romance novels through the ages or writing a dissertation on the the Superman/Clark Kent/Lois Lane relationship and it's place in popular culture.

Future likely job: I plan to go to law school, hopefully, as soon as my husband is done with his PhD.
Skrabs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently work in beauty therapy but I am really starting to hate my job. I've definitely gone past the point of being mentally stimulated, however I do enjoy the environment and making people feel better about themselves.

I have always wanted to be / and WILL be a writer. Laughing One day. Just finished the first manuscript, so here's fingers crossed.

On the other hand I am looking into going into travel consultancy. I know. I know. Worst time to do so, but I am addicted to travel and could happily spend all day talking about it.

Dream jobs: writer, archaeologist (I actually thought seriously about that before uni), tour guide anywhere in the world, documentary maker... The list goes on. Seriously though if I became a writer I would be the happiest woman alive.
NoirFemme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrabs wrote:

I have always wanted to be / and WILL be a writer. Laughing One day. Just finished the first manuscript, so here's fingers crossed.

Dream jobs: writer, archaeologist (I actually thought seriously about that before uni), tour guide anywhere in the world, documentary maker... The list goes on. Seriously though if I became a writer I would be the happiest woman alive.

This is me! Except I'm actually working towards the archaeology thing. Wink
Claire

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a SAHM for 2 years now. At first I was put into the position by my former employer who laid me off Surprised but then we decided to stick with the status quo for a few years. I never thought I would be a SAHM and its a different world. I really had to readjust my whole mindset and expectations. This is hard work compared to sitting on my rear in an office on the computer. It is rewarding though and I'm glad to have this time with my two sons while they are little. I used to help invest money for a mutual fund and it was a great ride for 10 years. I'd like to get back into investing one day.

My dream job would be a photographer. One of those people who can make an ordinary picture extraordinary. I take lots of pictures of my kids and I get a good photo every now and then but there's no Annie Lebowitz in me. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I was a Customer Service Manager for a company that provided training on environmental laws and regulations.

Then I was a SAHM for 13 years and loved every moment! The best decision I ever made to have had that time with my kids.

I moved to the country when our daughter was 1 so not a lot of job opportunity here. I went back into the work place via working as a Coffee Barista for a while and now work part time at the local post office. I love it. It's a small one person post office so when I work it's only me there and the carrier while he's sorting mail and until he leaves for his route. I know all the customers since we are a small town which makes the work-day a nice visit with those that come in.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: