AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romance novels made into films
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
medievalove

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Bab Cartland Moviec Reply with quote

She has 5 movies out A Hazard of Hearts & A Ghost in Monte Carlo I know have books (Which I have) the other three I'm not sure if there was books written. Duel of Hearts, A Lady & the Highwayman, and The Flame is Love. Interesting enough the first two has Marcus Gilbert as the main man And he also played in the Movie from a book "Riders" by Jilly Cooper.
My 2 favorites are the "Hearts" ones and I also like Benedict Taylor in Duel as i was first introduced to him in the Disney Movie "The Black Arrow" and he was also in the Danielle Steel book made to movie "Jewels"
KarenS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Hazard of Hearts is a favorite of mine with a wonderful cast--Diana Riggs, Edward Fox, Christopher Plummer, Helena Bonham-Carter with great leading man Marcus Gilbert as the hero(yum-yum). Never read the book but the movie was excellent.

The Waiting Game is another good one. It's a variation of a Jayne Krentz romance that's pretty hot. Apparently the movie isn't anything like the book but who cares? It's that good.

Cloud Waltzing by Tory Cates is a wonderful movie. Have not read the book but the movie is great. The heroine is Kathleen Beller who was Kirby from Dynasty and a oh-so sexy, handsome leading man(name unknown).

Diana Palmer had one of her books turned into a movie. Can't recall the title but if I knew it I wouldn't tell it. The actor was horrible, horrible, horrible. They changed the setting of the story as well as everything else. The book was one of her better ones that I actually enjoyed so it's a shame they messed with it.
southplains

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen 'Rose Hill'? It's a 1997 tv movie starring Jennifer Garner based on Julie Garwoods' 'For the Roses'. Does just about as good a job of following the original book as any other movie that has been inspired by a book. (They never do it completely right, do they?) Of course I liked the book better, but I enjoyed the movie.
library addict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually enjoyed the movie version of Treacherous Beauties more than the Silhouette Shadows book by Cheryl Emerson that it is based on. Then again I am a big fan of actor Bruce Greenwood. Laughing

The movie version of Alicia Scott's At the Midnight Hour is cute. The movie doesn't include any mention of her brothers (the book was the first in her Guiness Gang series) and I think other changes were made, but they kept the basic plot intact.

Book 1 of Marilyn Pappano's Bethlehem series, A Season for Miracles, got the Hallmark Hall of Fame treatment. The movie version changes the characterization of the sister significantly, but probably because the part was played by Laura Dern Razz As with most Hallmark productions, itís sugary sweet, but they have a much higher production standard than most made-for-tv movies.

And even though they both made numerous changes from the source novels and aren't technically movies, I love the BBC adaptations of Austen's Pride and Prejudice (the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle) and Gaskell's North & South (with Richard Armitage and Daniela Denby-Ashe). As mini-series they had more time to devote to character and plot development and are well cast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: