AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Other Boleyn Girl...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kspears

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that finds The Tudor series irritating? If historical accuracy is of any value to anyone, then The Tudor series isn't for you. I quit watching it when they were dressing Henry in a Nehru jacket.
xina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kspears wrote:
Am I the only one that finds The Tudor series irritating? If historical accuracy is of any value to anyone, then The Tudor series isn't for you. I quit watching it when they were dressing Henry in a Nehru jacket.

I haven't watched it (we don't get Showtime) but I think it is supposed to be a bit over the top. I saw and interview with Jonathan Rhys Meyers...I think on The View, and they remarked on all the sex on the show. Meyers said that they knew that wasn't historically accurate because Henry VIII was a lot more prudish about sex. So, I assume that goes along with most of the series. I don't think they are trying for exact history. I mean...look at Myers, he doesn't strike me as anyone who would play Henry VIII. Too good looking and not as LARGE as Henry.
Cora

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kspears wrote:

Even the still photos of The Tudors in the TV Guide irritated me, because the historical inaccuracy of the clothing was so painfully obvious, I didn't even want to think about how inaccurate the rest of the program would be. And while Jonathan Rhys-Meyers may be a wonderful actor, he simply does not look like Henry VIII to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: