AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NR's TRIBUTE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinabelle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: NR's TRIBUTE Reply with quote

I had out-of-town company arriving last night and wasn't able to watch the Lifetime movie Tribute. I wasn't real enthralled with Northern Lights or Midnight Bayou, but I enjoyed High Noon.

What did you think of this one? Is it worth making an effort to catch a rerun?
Tee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purposely didn't watch it, Tinabelle, because I didn't like the book at all. I'll be anxious to hear what others say about the movie, too.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't watch it, wasn't the least tempted. However, I did see an interview with Brittany Murphy on Craig Ferguson a few nights ago. He had to ask her time and time again what the movie was about. She spent a total of 10 seconds discussing it. She is such a freaking oddball and so weird-looking now. I love Jason Lewis, but will always see him as Smith from Sex and the City. Paired up with Murphy? Not so much.
library addict

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The script is VERY different than the book. I thought Brittany Murphy was okay as Cilla. The wardrobe they had her wearing was very odd Rolling Eyes Wasn't too impressed with Jason Lewis as Ford. He wasn't horrible, just too stilted in his performance IMO. I have never seen him act in anything else though, so if you are a fan you may find his performance more to your taste.

Diana Scarwid as Cathy totally steals the movie IMO. It's worth watching if only for her total meltdown scene at the end

Having said that, I am not at all really attached to Tribute as a book, so that may be why the film worked okay for me. Many people who loved the book didn't like the movie. That's the way I feel about Northern Lights, so I can sympathize with where they're coming from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: