AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dancing with the stars new season?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trish B

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Dancing with the stars new season? Reply with quote

Anyone watching and if so who are your faves so far? Who will get eliminated tonight?

My predicitions for final four are: Gilles Marini, Shawn Johnson, Melissa Rycroft and and Lil Kim. If they all stay healthy, that is!

I think either Steve O or Steve Wozniak (is that his name?) will likely go home first. I hope Denise Richards doesn't last too long as I can't stand her! I hope David Allen Grier does stick around for a while - he's so funny.
jebe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wasn't planning on watching b/c I was getting a little tired of the same ole, same ole. But, lo and behold, I watched all of last week's premiere and was glued to the set again last night. I don't have any favs, but I agree w/ya on those final four: Shawn, Gilles, Lil Kim and Melissa. And I'd like to see David Allen Grier stick around a bit, too.

I'll be surprised if Steve-O, Steve Woz or Ty Murray aren't the first three to go. Although, I'm a little surprised that Holly and Belinda were so stiff. Maybe it's just nerves. And, as far as Denise Richards goes, I mean I kinda admire that she puts herself out there, but I don't know how she's gonna pull in fan votes. How much weight do the audience votes count? Wouldn't you have considered that factor if you were her? :roll:

What I'm really interested in knowing is when is Project Runway coming back????
Nana

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Gilles and Lil' Kim. Not really into Melissa since I don't really think she ought to be there - she's not a star, and she's not new to dancing. She's fun to watch but I don't want her to win. I like Shawn but I find Mark annoying with his guppy faces. I just don't want to see Julianne and Chuck take it.

My dream? I want to see an author on DWTS. Specifically, a romance author. Somebody like Lisa Kleypas or JQ. Wouldn't that be awesome?
xina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nana wrote:
I like Gilles and Lil' Kim. Not really into Melissa since I don't really think she ought to be there - she's not a star, and she's not new to dancing. She's fun to watch but I don't want her to win. I like Shawn but I find Mark annoying with his guppy faces. I just don't want to see Julianne and Chuck take it.

My dream? I want to see an author on DWTS. Specifically, a romance author. Somebody like Lisa Kleypas or JQ. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I'm a little surprised at how stiff Denise Richards seems...almost timid. Anyway...as for Lisa Kleypas...haven't seen her outside a still photograph, but she does have the look, doesn't she? She looks very cute.
Margaret

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see David Allen Grier go, he was better than some that got to stay. I'm liking Gilles, Melissa and Lil' Kim.
jebe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
Sad to see David Allen Grier go, he was better than some that got to stay.

I agree, he was better! I felt bad for him b/c it really seemed like he wanted to stay, ya know? Overall, though, I'm really enjoying this season more than previous ones.
Karen Templeton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought DAG was better than the football dude -- sorry, but his Paso last night was HORRIBLE. But I sensed an attitude problem with DAG that was probably a turn-off for a lot of viewers. Unfortunately, in this gig, it's about smiling and acting as though you're having the time of your life no matter what you're feeling inside. DAG just isn't good at the Happy Face thing.

Nice to see that women make up 3 of the top 4...although I have to admit, all three of 'em put together don't equal 1 Gilles. Rolling Eyes

Whoa, Mama.

Karen T.
http://www.karentempleton.com
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice to see that women make up 3 of the top 4...although I have to admit, all three of 'em put together don't equal 1 Gilles. Rolling Eyes

Whoa, Mama.

Oh my heavens yes!!!! I have a bet with a woman at work over it. She's picked Melissa and I picked Gilles. Whoever loses buys the other a coffee. I think I have that coffee in the bag. He is fabulous - in oh so many ways *wicked, wicked grin*
xina

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristie(J) wrote:
Quote:

Whoa, Mama.

Oh my heavens yes!!!! I have a bet with a woman at work over it. She's picked Melissa and I picked Gilles. Whoever loses buys the other a coffee. I think I have that coffee in the bag. He is fabulous - in oh so many ways *wicked, wicked grin*

Ah, yeah...more wicked grins. Have you seen the Sex In The City movie?? Enough said.
If a big screen movie is ever made of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series, Gilles would be the perrrrfect Jean Claude (and he is French too!).

I think he doing a wonderful job as a dancer. A joy to watch. Finally....a female dancer isn't leading the pack. Smile
Margaret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A joy to watch. Finally....a female dancer isn't leading the pack. Smile
[/quote]

There is no doubt Gilles is easy on the eyes and seems to be a natural at dancing. It's funny but I've always thought the men have done better than the women on DWTS, but we've had back-to-back wins so I guess it's time for a man to reclaim the crown.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret wrote:
Quote:
A joy to watch. Finally....a female dancer isn't leading the pack. Smile

There is no doubt Gilles is easy on the eyes and seems to be a natural at dancing. It's funny but I've always thought the men have done better than the women on DWTS, but we've had back-to-back wins so I guess it's time for a man to reclaim the crown.[/quote]

Sometimes, I think the men do look better because they are paired off with a professional female dancer and it seems like the professional women seem to almost carry the guys. The women just look lovely and floaty most of the time. However, Gilles seems to be a natural at it though and he's in tremendous shape too...okay, that's an understatement. Smile
Margaret

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
xina wrote:
quote] A joy to watch. Finally....a female dancer isn't leading the pack. Smile

Quote:
Margaret wrote...There is no doubt Gilles is easy on the eyes and seems to be a natural at dancing. It's funny but I've always thought the men have done better than the women on DWTS, but we've had back-to-back wins so I guess it's time for a man to reclaim the crown.
[/quote]

Quote:
xina wrote...Sometimes, I think the men do look better because they are paired off with a professional female dancer and it seems like the professional women seem to almost carry the guys. The women just look lovely and floaty most of the time. However, quote]
[/quote]

Let me re-phrase...the men have always scored better, with judges and fans. It seems the women have a harder time winning the votes.

I think the biggest complaint is exactly what you said...the female dancers carrying the guys...sometimes they have to. Billy Ray anyone? Laughing

I'm pretty sure Gilles will be the winner, but I kinda want Tony and Melissa to win...for Tony! I think he's been there since the beginning and seems like a good guy...of course I shouldn't take that into consideration. Wink
xina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest complaint is exactly what you said...the female dancers carrying the guys...sometimes they have to. Billy Ray anyone? Laughing

quote]

I only started watching at the middle of last year and didn't see the ridiculous Billy Ray (I can only imagine that he was ridiculou) However, I know what you mean about the female dancer almost carrying the guys. Sometimes, witih the really awful male celebrity dancer and the professional female dancers, the females almost seem like spinning tops while the men just stand there....not dancing. I know they have to have some of these people, but it's really laughable. It's nice to see a guy who can dance, as a team. (Gilles) Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: