AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Romance at the Cherry Blossom Festival

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Romance at the Cherry Blossom Festival Reply with quote

I decided to take a "stroll" this past Sunday afternoon around the Tidal Basin at the Cherry Blossom festival in Washington, D.C. (I put stroll in parenthesis because strolling along with a huge crowd is a pretty "duh!" moment. What else are you going to do amongst a crowd? Sprint?)

Anyway, I was coming up upon the Jefferson Memorial when I noticed a small group -- among many small groups of people who were picnic-ing -- who were a bit focused on a young couple. But, it was hard to distinguish them since there were so many people just hanging out.

But, what made them stand out to me is that there were two little girls kneeling on blankets on the grass in front of them, holding up two signs that said, "Will you marry me?" Then, I looked back at the young couple and the woman was saying yes. "YES!"

It occured to me and everyone around me that this was a marriage proposal in action. Someone was being asked to take that ultimate relationship step right in front of our eyes, along the Tidal Basin, under the cherry trees, at the Cherry Blossom Festival.

I laughed and everyone applauded. I don't think I had ever seen that before.
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Cherry Blossoms Reply with quote

How romantic! I love when the cherry blossoms are in bloom around the Tidal Basin. In the spring Washington DC is so beautiful, and I'm always so proud that this beautiful city is our nation's capital and so belongs to all of us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: