AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planning the perfect vacation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tirlittan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Planning the perfect vacation? Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29839315/ :lol:

Some of these actually make quite a lot of sense to me, am I weird too, then? ;)

This woman for example, obviously a plan-ahead kind of person and not TSTL by any means:

Quote:
Request: Book a cruise with a room near the elevators. The reason? The traveler explained that sometimes she drinks too much, and thatís the only way she can find her room at the end of the night.

This I find nuts but in a sweet kind of way:

Quote:
Request: Book a trip with a pet Chihuahua. The destination? Chihuahua, Mexico, of course. The reason? To help the pet discover his roots.

Or how about a room with the view?
Quote:
Request: To book a room in Orlando. A room, that is, with a view of the ocean.

The Results: As Orlando is a good 40 miles from the coast, this one took a little extra effort. When Garfi said that oceanview rooms werenít a possibility, the client replied, ďThatís not true. I looked it up on a map. Florida is a very skinny state.Ē
LeeB.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny article! Thanks for posting the link.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Planning the perfect vacation? Reply with quote

tirlittan wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29839315/ :lol:

Some of these actually make quite a lot of sense to me, am I weird too, then? ;)

This woman for example, obviously a plan-ahead kind of person and not TSTL by any means:

Quote:
Request: Book a cruise with a room near the elevators. The reason? The traveler explained that sometimes she drinks too much, and thatís the only way she can find her room at the end of the night.

[/quote]

This one makes sense to me, in a big way. When I was on a cruise, I couldn't find my room stone cold sober. Every door looked the same! It sort of freaked me out.
tirlittan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Planning the perfect vacation? Reply with quote

xina wrote:

This one makes sense to me, in a big way. When I was on a cruise, I couldn't find my room stone cold sober. Every door looked the same! It sort of freaked me out.

Very true. Especially on the less expensive decks: No windows, long and narrow corridors and lots of stairs. Very confusing. Add lots of liquor and strangers and it could get dangerous too. Confused So in reality that request actually shows she has a great deal of common sense, and a desire to minimize (some)* risks.

T

*) Getting pissed-drunk on a cruise is not IMO a very good idea, especially if you're travelling alone.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Planning the perfect vacation? Reply with quote

tirlittan wrote:
[

Very true. Especially on the less expensive decks: No windows, long and narrow corridors and lots of stairs. Very confusing. Add lots of liquor and strangers and it could get dangerous too. Confused So in reality that request actually shows she has a great deal of common sense, and a desire to minimize (some)* risks.

T

*) Getting pissed-drunk on a cruise is not IMO a very good idea, especially if you're travelling alone.

I went with my daughter, her 3 friends and another mother. I didn't know the mother very well, but it was fun. I roomed with the mother and we had a big room with a deck, but the girls had a tiny little room without a deck. I don't know if I'll ever do it again. By the end of the cruise I was a little tired of all those people. There was no escaping them! It was a good experience but if I ever go again, I'd probably try another cruise line. And yes, it is dumb to get really drunk on a cruise, but many people were. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: